Your best NESBA day 2010

dlockhart5x

Looking back on a season I can think of a few times where everything was "working".
On a little 2 stroke, if you or the bike are off a tiny bit, you are way the F off, so those magic days are special to me.
This year mine was our July 10-11 trip to Beaver run. This was our first time there and second time visiting the Mid-Atlantic crew (we tried Nelson previously) The weather was picture perfect, I was loving learning my way around the track, and the Aprilia was working perfectly. Sunday afternoon our little group of lightweights headed out for a session together and had a blast. My little Aprilia D superbike kept the LWT SVs at bay until I "let" Greg past me. What a great weekend and still plenty of room for improvement.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wcQ4ACAUEE

Matt H

Glad you had such a great time! It was awesome seeing you guys at Beaver. Hopefully we'll see in the Mid-Atlantic again next year. :)

Hitman954

Well my best day riding had to be my last one at Putnam. After all year long working on the suspension, learning a new to me bike, and fighting the deamons from my crash last season, everything just clicked together and I felt like I was back on track. Then a bonus that day was to get a demo ride on an R6. It was also the best day we had seen at Putnam in awhile. I almost didn't make this event and at the last minute was able to go. I am so glad I did, it is great to be back on track and feelin good out there.

I gotta throw in the 4th of July was a great weekend to be at Blackhawk. Dodgin scud missles was pritty exciting!! LOL :wow:

Hitman954

The more I think about it, all my Nesba experiences were awesome!!!! Moosehart bike blessing was extremely rewarding!! This year was my first time on Road America, my first time doing multiple tracks back to back, my first time Doing more than two days in a row, and how can I forget my first day with Nesba. I can't express enough how greatful I am that we have such an awesome group here. NESBA ROCKS!!!!!

erick1670

for me anytime I am at the track is awsome, but if I have to choose one for this year is when I got the bump to :a: on June 14, bolieve it or not I was riding injure that day with a bad pull back muscle so I was riding very smooth in my moovements in the bike, so as a result I was going much faster without trying

and to me it felt even better b/c I was ask if I would like to be bump up, my answer :D ....
I told my friend that this year goal was to get bump and I did it, very happy!

now to start to work on more skills to get to the top of the :a:, rigth now I can say I am just sniffing the mid pack..... more motivation to keep coming back :D

smack28752

"Your best NESBA day 2010...."

was in 2009
:mad:

I did not get to ride on the track at all this year and it was extremely frustrating. :banghead:

2011 will be better because I will either ride the bike or sell it to someone who will!!

beac83

I think it's a tie between June 13th at Putnam (at least until 3:58PM :( ) and November 7th at Barber.

On both days I was making progress at a rate that I hadn't before.

I guess Barber was better, because I left in one piece. :)

Domenic

Easy
October 31 at Road Atlanta. After riding 3 days on that cool track Brian Blume worked with me during an entire session in the A group. I have never ridden that fast. That was a ton of fun and opened the door for new things next year. Thanks Brian.

greeny

beac83;161365 wrote: I think it's a tie between June 13th at Putnam (at least until 3:58PM :( ) and November 7th at Barber.

On both days I was making progress at a rate that I hadn't before.

I guess Barber was better, because I left in one piece. :)
you were kickin' ass out there, bud! barber is an easy track to learn but hard to find that extra time like you were

i'd have to say the last day at putnam was probably my NESBA highlight of the year. i felt 100% for the first time in a while and i took full advantage. it was also after my first race weekend of the season, so i had a bit of a fire lit under my ass and finally had that extra edge back in my game.

and without getting too mushy and sentimental, there were a lot of CRing highlights throughout the year. it was really nice that when i wasn't at full strength, i could still go out there and help out the community and my friends. there's nothing like the excitement of a member when they finally get what you're saying or something you were teaching them clicks. good stuff guys! can't wait 'til '11

i'm sure that was just a first year thing... i'll probably be mr. grouchy next season, right? haha

upnadam

The whole year was great, just went by too quickly. My best day was the only one we got to ride out of the April Barber dates. Weather got us the first day, but Sunday was a blast. I had my Yamaha calipers on for the first time along with a new set of Vesrah XX's AND my first eva new front tire. Good times. Can we go ahead and get the holidays over with so we can get back to the really fun stuff like the track?

betarace

October 16 at NJMP, bump run was like a race between me and 2 buddies and 3-4 CRs. Simply awesome and all 3 of us made it to I group simultaneously.

Will never forget it

jcrich

May 30th at Road Atlanta. "Peanut" bumping me up to A. Totally unexpected. I didn't not even know he was following me almost the entire session

JonnyZ!

Barber November 7TH.

I spent most of the summer chasing other things and spent more than a few days on the sidelines trying to sort a "new to me" ride.

Kicked another can off the bucket list with a long road trip and completion of the Continental divide trail. Roosville Montana --> Antelope wells New Mexico via the mountain bike trail
cdt.jpg

cdt2.jpg

cd15.jpg

cd03.jpg

Was a long trip 7500 miles/21 days

Was ready to call it a season when a fellow smoker called and said we gotta go south.

dlockhart5x;161338 wrote:
Looking back on a season I can think of a few times where everything was "working".
On a little 2 stroke, if you or the bike are off a tiny bit, you are way the F off, so those magic days are special to me.
This year mine was our July 10-11 trip to Beaver run. This was our first time there and second time visiting the Mid-Atlantic crew (we tried Nelson previously) The weather was picture perfect, I was loving learning my way around the track, and the Aprilia was working perfectly. Sunday afternoon our little group of lightweights headed out for a session together and had a blast. My little Aprilia D superbike kept the LWT SVs at bay until I "let" Greg past me. What a great weekend and still plenty of room for improvement.
Know just what your saying and after a disappointing few outings, finally felt confident in getting out and actually getting a full session in. Until I woke up Saturday morning and the air density/adjusted altitude read 1400 feet BELOW sea level. Yikes!
Took my chances and hit the nail on the head for jetting. Rest of the weekend was awesome. Great weather (a bit cool though). Great company......hadn't ridden with my buddy for a good 2 years. Great group on the track.....
Felt like the very first time out there.
So, since you made the pilgrimage to Beaver looks like I'll have to make sure I get out there for a 2 Stroker day. Between you, a few other Midwesterners I know of. Mike Moore, my buddy, and me, we should be "representin" pretty well !
We should be making a mid Ohio run next season. That might work too