Your best NESBA day 2010

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
smack28752;161362 wrote: "Your best NESBA day 2010...."

was in 2009
:mad:

I did not get to ride on the track at all this year and it was extremely frustrating. :banghead:

2011 will be better because I will either ride the bike or sell it to someone who will!!
That's because you sold me all of your credits, hey I'll buy your bike too....lol

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
5 April was my first day of the season and got my bump to :i:, three track days later I got my bump to :a:...I have to thank all the CR's, especially the ones that worked with me. :cool:

bmart

Control Rider
Congrats Vinny!

Would you like to say anything to the CRs who worked against you? :)

Every day with NESBA on track is the best day. I'm stoked for 2011.

b

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
bmart;161505 wrote: Congrats Vinny!

Would you like to say anything to the CRs who worked against you? :)

Every day with NESBA on track is the best day. I'm stoked for 2011.

b
Thanks Bmart,
Thankfully no one worked against me...:D you said it best, everyday is a great day with NESBA!!!

j_fuggin_t

ohhh..... umm.. prob 2 dates, 1st day of the midwest finale, things were hitting just right & i was taking time off in seconds (got my :a: bump), then in second it would have to be the chili cookoff weekend for sure

oldn0tded

Good Day

I didn't have that many to chose from. However, of the ones I did, it's a no contest for me. October 30th I got the bump to :i:, riding some HOT laps with Eddie. On the 31st I got to exercise it.

SOOO the winner is the 24 hour period from about 16:00 on the 30th to 16:00 on the 31st.

John:D

rk97

The "I" SED at Putnam is up there. I'd only previously ridden that track in wet conditions, and for about 4 sessions total...

The SED was a great chance to really learn my way around, and make some HUGE progress in one day.

But my best day of 2010 was one of the first times I got back to BeaveRun. Something was just clicking with my riding that day. Trail braking was making sense, and I felt like I was passing everyone. I took 3 seconds off my previous best lap that day, and was just having fun.

At the end of the day, I was chasing ToddG around, and he kept looking back like he didn't expect me to be there. On the front straight, we were closing on a pack of maybe 6 riders going into turn 1. I wouldn't say they were going slow; we just had perfect timing.

the group had clearly not gotten great drive onto the front straight, and then they all checked up early to fall in line for T1 without attempting a pass on the brakes.

Once I saw that Todd was moving left and clearly planned to pass all 6 of them on the brakes, I remember thinking "eff it - I've kept his pace for 2 laps, I'm following him by these guys."

I made it past 5 out of 6, and went around the outside of the 6th rider between 2 and 3.

It just felt good to see an opportunity and execute it cleanly.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
My best day was at Summit Point in July.

I matched my old personal best 2001 GSXR1000 time at that track on my 2006 GSXR600. That says something to me about my growth as a rider.

I finally got a personal best at BHF for the first time in 2 years, but.....

The last day at Putnam. I spent the whole weekend effing around with the 125 trying to get it to run right. Jeff P. was helping all day Sunday and we finally got it the second last session. I wasn't able to get up to a good pace, but at least I got back to that illogical fun...can't put into words.....

It was enough to scrap the idea of selling the bike, and instead got me looking forward to working on it all winter and taming it next year.

TheGrouch

JonnyZ!;161479 wrote:

Kicked another can off the bucket list with a long road trip and completion of the Continental divide trail. Roosville Montana --> Antelope wells New Mexico via the mountain bike trail

Was a long trip 7500 miles/21 days
That is awesome!

Southerly

All of the trackdays were great in various ways. OK, perhaps not the April day sitting in the rain at Barber, although I did have some good conversations with a few people.

What started out as my best day of the year was August 28 at Barber. I was starting to feel really comfortable on the track, I was getting the lines and working on smooth throttle control, carrying more speed through the corners, etc. The CRs said I was riding well and gave some good advice to continue to improve. Everything was clicking, and it just felt right. Then came the lunch break, and I went out not paying attention to the fact that my tires were cold, and my brain and body were not back from lunch yet. I did in the bike before the end of the first lap, and so ended the day. I had no injury, so it still rates as a good day.

kbonigut

last day at putnam riding with my cousin who trailered all the way in from baltimore. Just a great day where i had moments feeling like I was putting it together and figuring out where I needed to improve....only to realize I had to wait 5 mos to work on improving! Cant wait to get back out there in 11.

jasonhise

My best day had to be VIR Full on Oct 18th as myself, Merle, and Kevin (Goldie) all got the bump to the "A" group. Chasing CR, Dennis Flowe around was pretty darned fun too...

Bucky Badger

Domenic;161367 wrote: Easy
October 31 at Road Atlanta. After riding 3 days on that cool track Brian Blume worked with me during an entire session in the A group. I have never ridden that fast. That was a ton of fun and opened the door for new things next year. Thanks Brian.
You certainly were rolling that session! Looking forward to working with you some more next year

smack28752

vinny337;161494 wrote: That's because you sold me all of your credits, hey I'll buy your bike too....lol
Yeah & remember, those credits I sold you got that :a: bump for ya!!

We'll see about next year!!

gkotlin

Hmm. Great time getting to a new track Beaverun and riding with my friends.

Loved Mid-Ohio. wished it was later in the year when I was riding better.

The Putnam SED. Who'd have thought you could use that much gas!

It was a great season. Hard to pick one event.

TomCat63

The Barber season wrap-up event Nov 6th & 7th without a doubt.

Maybe this had something to do with the fact it was my first time at Barber? Spent all day Saturday trying get the flow of the beast and loved her more each session. Then Sunday afternoon she was perfect and it was the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle.

All this with a very well run Nesba event and some good friends, who could ask for more?

I suppose we'll be going back...:) :adore: