2014 Schedule Posted

LOrtega

Control Rider
FZ1Guy you could have said just your first 2 sentences and your point would have been proven...

Can I ask you how posting a competitors entire schedule on the NESBA forum in anyway helps to promote our club.

I hope when our schedule is available you return the courtesy and post it on their forums.

JRA

LOrtega;296992 wrote: FZ1Guy you could have said just your first 2 sentences and your point would have been proven...

Can I ask you how posting a competitors entire schedule on the NESBA forum in anyway helps to promote our club.

I hope when our schedule is available you return the courtesy and post it on their forums.
I agree there is no need to post the entire schedule and the comment should have been exactly what you said Lou, so I edited it to reflect that. I'm sure their schedule can be easily found on their site if someone cares to look for it. When everything is finalized our schedule will be easy to find too. If we try to get it out there early like last year and then things change (like last year), people aren't happy. If we wait until everything is finalized and other organizations get their schedule out first people aren't happy. At least this way no one is planning vacation time off based on a tentative schedule.

Ruhe52

Wow this thread is shaping up to be so different from the past 10 years threads on the same subject. I give this one a 1 as the first post was at least a new twist on an old topic.

JRA;296994 wrote: I agree there is no need to post the entire schedule and the comment should have been exactly what you said Lou, so I edited it to reflect that. I'm sure their schedule can be easily found on their site if someone cares to look for it. When everything is finalized our schedule will be easy to find too. If we try to get it out there early like last year and then things change (like last year), people aren't happy. If we wait until everything is finalized and other organizations get their schedule out first people aren't happy. At least this way no one is planning vacation time off based on a tentative schedule.
:agree: Well Said John!!! I'm just like everyone else on here, waiting with eager anticipation for the schedule to come out. I've just made the commitment to ride with NESBA exclusively mainly because of the type of event that NESBA runs and the people I've met in the NESBA paddock. So, with that said, can I just get prebooked for all the Barber and RA events right now. Just charge the credit card on file. Time off work is easy. I just tell them I'm going and if they don't like it, F__k it, fire me. :D

motorkas

JRA;296994 wrote: I agree there is no need to post the entire schedule and the comment should have been exactly what you said Lou, so I edited it to reflect that. I'm sure their schedule can be easily found on their site if someone cares to look for it. When everything is finalized our schedule will be easy to find too. If we try to get it out there early like last year and then things change (like last year), people aren't happy. If we wait until everything is finalized and other organizations get their schedule out first people aren't happy. At least this way no one is planning vacation time off based on a tentative schedule.
Forget about planning vacation time around a tentative schedule - I'm personally not signing up for a single event until NESBA partners up with NASA to get their predictive weather models and then makes sure that each day scheduled will only be on days that are 85 degrees, partly cloudy, with less than 20% percent humidity. Also, if you guys could make sure nothing mechanical goes wrong with my bike (maybe even have a program where you have spare bikes available, that would be great as well). Oh yeah - personal lockers at each track so I can leave my stuff there so I don't have to worry about forgetting anything. And if you guys could so kind to note next to each day when the weather will not fall into these parameters that would be greatly appreciated as well.

I also think that any director that rides a yellow bike should have to wear a thong outside of his leathers. . .after all, none of the other orgs lets their directors ride yellow bikes without thongs. . .

FZ1guy

LOrtega;296992 wrote: FZ1Guy you could have said just your first 2 sentences and your point would have been proven...

My reply was to jimgl3 who appeared to imply that my facts were incorrect when in fact, they were not.
How does posting a competitors schedule promote our club? By promoting our sport. We all know that there are a lot of track organizations. It's not a secret. Refusing to acknowledge this, banning members of other orgs for no aparrent reason(mastermind), and making it difficult for those of us who ride with other orgs to merge schedules does nothing to promote NESBA. NESBA is a good group. So is STT. I will ride with both of them this season, as well as a few smaller groups that put on a good track day.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
motorkas;296998 wrote: Forget about planning vacation time around a tentative schedule - I'm personally not signing up for a single event until NESBA partners up with NASA to get their predictive weather models and then makes sure that each day scheduled will only be on days that are 85 degrees, partly cloudy, with less than 20% percent humidity. Also, if you guys could make sure nothing mechanical goes wrong with my bike (maybe even have a program where you have spare bikes available, that would be great as well). Oh yeah - personal lockers at each track so I can leave my stuff there so I don't have to worry about forgetting anything. And if you guys could so kind to note next to each day when the weather will not fall into these parameters that would be greatly appreciated as well.

I also think that any director that rides a yellow bike should have to wear a thong outside of his leathers. . .after all, none of the other orgs lets their directors ride yellow bikes without thongs. . .
:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Just made my day...thanks! :D

JRA

FZ1 Guy, Maybe Jim went to the STT site and not their message board? I just looked and you can't find their schedule on the STT website, so I guess unless you know where to look you might not see it right away, or maybe he was looking for something that showed the schedule with pricing:dunno: It's not like anyone here is trying to prevent someone seeing their schedule, it's a matter of tact. I wouldn't post the NESBA schedule on the STT board, and if it was posted there I'm sure it would get the same response. It's just a common courtesy, and when it happens, whether here or another board (theirs included), the core members tend to get their ire up over it. Just FYI, there is rarely anything on this board the gets edited or deleted except for spam.

jimgl3

i didn't mean anything by it. i just saw it said "published" so i went to their website to look for road atlanta and found the stuff i posted. to me there's a difference in an official "published" schedule and something posted in a forum. that's all. road atlanta is close to home. i don't care who's "runnin it".

noobinacan

FZ1guy;296999 wrote: My reply was to jimgl3 who appeared to imply that my facts were incorrect when in fact, they were not.
How does posting a competitors schedule promote our club? By promoting our sport. We all know that there are a lot of track organizations. It's not a secret. Refusing to acknowledge this, banning members of other orgs for no aparrent reason(mastermind), and making it difficult for those of us who ride with other orgs to merge schedules does nothing to promote NESBA. NESBA is a good group. So is STT. I will ride with both of them this season, as well as a few smaller groups that put on a good track day.
Why ban the guy?
Haven't seen anyone banned on these forums in years...and he certainly didn't say anything that called for a ban. (maybe I missed it)

Maybe he was the guy who was going to bring two buddies to the next NESBA event, he's certainly not going to now....is he ?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Listen...if BetaRace and I haven't been banned by now......I mean seriously? :D

noobinacan

D-Zum;297005 wrote: Listen...if BetaRace and I haven't been banned by now......I mean seriously? :D
LOL...everytime he posts. I scroll my screen real slowly.
Once you see something, it can't be UNSEEN!!!:haha:

Pseudolus

noobinacan;297006 wrote: LOL...everytime he posts. I scroll my screen real slowly.
Once you see something, it can't be UNSEEN!!!:haha:
AMEN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Vanity Fair picture was the LAST TIME I'll be caught off guard!!!!!!!!!!

Pseudolus

And I'm sorry to be the contrarian here but I DEMAND that the schedule is NOT posted until after February 15th!!!!!! :D

Let me spend some dough on the Mrs. for Valentine's Day and then have a little time to rebuild before the limited quantity track packages come out! :eek:

To be clear, my vote is for the calendar to NEVER be finalized before February 15. :D

Organization XXX doesn't have theirs out yet and I prefer that, so NESBA should be the same!

Myers

Control Rider
Ruhe52;296995 wrote: Wow this thread is shaping up to be so different from the past 10 years threads on the same subject. I give this one a 1 as the first post was at least a new twist on an old topic.
:agree::popcorn:

jimgl3

hurricanejohn;297014 wrote: Got my 2014 schedule almost complete - just need one more piece of the puzzle...
any chance you could adopt me? that schedule is better than a wet dream!