arai vs. agv helmets

Mikey75702

realyamr1;157288 said:
i meant that arai makes the helmet that spies wears[/Q[pre][/pre]UOTE]

I don't trust any professional racer to say this helmet is the one you can buy and its the greatest.
I just know i know alot of people that have tested arai and keep buying them. Also when i look around at the track, I see a lot of the cr's and fast guys wearing Arai. So that along with my personal experience makes me trust them and want to keep buying their product.

realyamr1

thats why i said its a five star helmet cross the board. and its the best selling european helmet on the market. im just saying do research on the helmets before u buy.

slowpoke

I have not read up on helmets like some others so I apologize for my ignorance. What I have done is crashed at triple digits in my Arai and my head hit the ground first w/ a significant impact.

After that experience, I would have a hard time wearing anything but an Arai. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they're a NESBA sponsor and their customer service is kickass.

Mikey75702

slowpoke;157293 wrote: I have not read up on helmets like some others so I apologize for my ignorance. What I have done is crashed at triple digits in my Arai and my head hit the ground first w/ a significant impact.

After that experience, I would have a hard time wearing anything but an Arai. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they're a NESBA sponsor and their customer service is kickass.
+1 this is what I was trying to say all along.

The stories you will hear of people that crashed in a proper fitting Arai are amazing. I know a guy the hit a guardrail at triple digit speeds, toasted the helmet, but no brain damage. Put him in a body cast for a while though.

realyamr1

dont go off so much of what everyone else have research for yourself on the true bang for your buck and u will see the shark is it. but like i said i have a corsair v shark rsr2 and a spies replica hjc. but i know i have the very best from shark thats what they give u.

realyamr1

duhamel wrecked in the helmet u can buy at a dealer for 600 dollars at 150 miles per hour into a wall head first and walked away ive seen the helmet he had on and its unbelievable hes alive no brain injury nor head injury i was sold do research before u buy.

BigBird

i have a definite oval head, and looked accordingly. Well when I started I didn't know internal shape sizes differed, had a HJC and that helmet hurt my head all the time. Then I went to the Arai Profile, and that was ok, but still not comfortable enough for the price. Went down with it, was safe but then I tried the Shark RSi and I've been through 3 of them and continue to go back to them. keeps me safe, and fits me well.

Shark FTW....in my case ;)

realyamr1

Hjc does not make a true race helmet arai makes the helmet spies wears and hjc pays arai to put there name on it. But fit is what matters more but technology does to so I would research the top helmet brands and try each one on and then go from there but yes arai and shark you will find to be the best and bang for Buck shark gives the customers more technology. But if the shark don't fit your head it would be useless. And that's for any helmet. Research try on and buy its just best to know what u buying and what its really going to do for you.

crewnutz

realyamr1;157270 wrote: all im saying is this shark gives u the same helmet that there top gp racers wear on there head from any dealer or dealership that sells them. u get a true f1 gp spec helment for 200 hunderd dollars less then a corsair v. I would rather know that i have sharks best technology protecting my head then know oh well if i wreck i can go talk to some guy under a tint that can give me some surport. for 799.99 i hope arai give u all the surport u need. but yes i own a corsair v and wrecked in it at high speed and i didnt even have a headache and my head hit the groud first. so i said arai shark the best but do your homework first before u drop 7+ hundred dollars. surport or saftey is the question.
I dont know where youre spending $700 for an Arai but youre getting ripped off!

where are you getting your info that youre wearing the same helmet Troy Corser wears? also where are you getting your info that other manufacturers sell inferior helmets compared to what their sponsored riders wear? just curious.......

crewnutz

Who told you that? The Shark rep?

Not bashing Shark or any other helmet but your "facts" may not be entirely correct

realyamr1

im back at computer now. but i talked with shark reps and arai reps and just asked them and thats what i was told

realyamr1

i wouldnt wear anything but arai or shark but shark is the only helmet on the open market with a full carbone kevlar woven matt shell

slowpoke

So to summarize your 17 posts, you prefer Shark followed by Arai and believe everyone should do their own research.

I think I got it:notsure: