Great Weekend at Beaver

Landshark

Control Rider
Thunderace;133800 wrote: I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Other than the heat on Saturday. Felt like VIR in August or something. I hadn't been there since 8/08. I left the track back then with a personal best of 1:01.79. I had a mission to see 00's at some point this weekend and running on old tires, I just wasn't sure if it was in the cards. Sunday at lunch, Buck spooned on a new 211 and I thought I might give it a try. After one session of getting used to the tire, the next session was going to be the one. I got out behind a guy who was testing with two other riders for an endurance team. Our first flying lap was a 1:01.61 and we ran three more 1:01's in a row. I knew I had a little more in the tank and when he pulled in to switch riders, I put my head down and let her fly. 1:00.61 came first, 1:00.42 came second and 1:00.19 came last. I didn't even realize I hit the first two until I came into the pits.

Everything felt great and I didn't feel like I was on the edge or anything. Also, I just picked up a sweet STM slipper clutch on the way home from the track. Thanks again Finn for the eBay sniping on the Blackberry. I'll be back soon and I will be licking the Beave the next time I'm there!
Good job dude!

slowpoke

Oldmxer281;133849 wrote:
Too bad you couldn't get the "fastest man in B group" happy, but I don't think anybody ever will.
man, did we try...:shutit:

Rich - great seeing you and Barb and thanks for the cookies. they made the ride home a little easier as I rewarded myself for every hour of driving with a cookie.

Big Jim-- it was cool watching you fly around out there and gratz on the impressive times. you've been a huge help to me on track and I really appreciate it. wish i had the stamina to get out for more than 1 'a' session :doh: but I will next time so bring your tow rope and I'll bring my diaper:D

Bseville

Thunderace;133800 wrote: I knew I had a little more in the tank and when he pulled in to switch riders, I put my head down and let her fly. 1:00.61 came first, 1:00.42 came second and 1:00.19 came last.
I was wondering what times you were riding out there. We all would start out in a group and in no time you were out riding by yourself. Congrats on the 00's.

rk97

pajixxer;133819 wrote: Hey jim, thanks for the tow around one session, after that tow i really started to drop the hammer the rest of the day...

I hope that tow was BEFORE you borrowed my timer. I was going through laps in the garage after I unloaded, and it was painfully obvious when you were riding versus when I was riding :p I'll catch up to you some day. I think it's about time for you to use that race school certificate from last August. You definitely won't be getting lapped.

good seeing everyone
this weekend. If it's possible, trackdays have become even more fun since meeting the majority of the riders. If I used to be on track thinking, "ok, there's a suzuki with flames," now I think, "hey, there's Judy." Not only is it motivating to know who you're trying to catch, but it makes me more conscious of making courteous passes ...when I can catch up :)

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
weellll, I used the lap time the session before working with jim, I know the last advanced session of the day when there was only I think 3 of us, I felt really solid. Wish I would have had it on there then.

Thanks again for letting me use it, I'm forcing myself to not purchase a lap timer. I don't want to be chasing numbers, I am just trying to get faster/smoother/consistent. The numbers will come eventually.

And Wera is running this coming weekend at beave, I'm regisered for a solo on saturday and 4 races on sunday. We'll see how I can hold up.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rk97;133878 wrote: I If I used to be on track thinking, "ok, there's a suzuki with flames," now I think, "hey, there's Judy." Not only is it motivating to know who you're trying to catch, but it makes me more conscious of making courteous passes ...when I can catch up :)
When you can catch up? Damn, you were sucking the paint off by bike on some of those passes! (They were all perfectly clean and courteous, btw). One of these days, maybe I'll be able to have something click and keep up with you. :)

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Had a great time as well. The members make this club great and the taco feast was a great way for all to hang out together. Glad to see the weathermen were wrong again and we had a great time on track

buck34

Another great weekend at Beave is in the books! Just goes to show when the weatherman is calling for 80% chance of showers on Saturday, Beave has it's own climate.

Thanks to all for being patient while I was coming up to speed with the vending trailer and multitasking CRing.

There were a ton of people I wanted to ride with this weekend but never got a chance to, so definitely next time.

Great seeing everyone, Rich and Barb, thanks again for all the goodies. Brad, good luck in your race next weekend!

NoBull

standout;133480 wrote: I meet some great people and am really bad with names but want to thank the cr on the black r6 with the black skull and crossbone arai lid. Not only did he tech me but also gave me pointers and had me follow him at least a little every session.
That was Chris Pontrelli.

mac

was a good time. my first time riding with nesba. totally different than the other trackdays ive done. the passing rules were very frustrating at 1st, but once i figured out how safely get by, traffic only held me up a little. i got chewed out big time for passing going down the hill. thanks to the crs that helped me with my lines and for the positive and negative feedback. "speed is there, but you're gonna start dragging stuff, just get off the bike more, then we'll get you faster" terrible with names but both crs that worked with me were on blue r1s, thanks see you next time.

Myers

Control Rider
+1 on a great day/weekend at the track. Got the bump to I so pretty excited about that. Would like to say that this was my first time to wampum... exciting track, loved it.
Wanted to take 15 seconds of everyone’s time (who reads this) to point out that I joined nesba less than a year ago and on Sunday I pushed to I level. I have a ton to work on but believe that my bump is a pretty remarkable achievement.... not remarkable for me... but remarkable for CRs; Chris, Dave & Will. All of them have spent time and money (on tires, fuel and frustration) working with me. Folks - at some point on the track.. look around.. the CRs are spending more time and money then we are ... and they are doing it to move us to the next level. Next time you are at the track.. thank a CR for YOUR progress.. To the Three Gentleman mentioned above :cheers: and congrats on your hard work developing me to the next level. Chris P - This one goes on you... Wouldn’t have made it this far without your help sir. Truly impressive and what NESBA needs to be premier.

See you on the track

Matt H

mac;134023 wrote: was a good time. my first time riding with nesba. totally different than the other trackdays ive done. the passing rules were very frustrating at 1st, but once i figured out how safely get by, traffic only held me up a little. i got chewed out big time for passing going down the hill. thanks to the crs that helped me with my lines and for the positive and negative feedback. "speed is there, but you're gonna start dragging stuff, just get off the bike more, then we'll get you faster" terrible with names but both crs that worked with me were on blue r1s, thanks see you next time.
Glad you had a good time. And it was ONE blue R1 - two riders, LOL. I stole Buck's ride when he had to leave ;)

Matt H

Thunderace;133800 wrote: I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Other than the heat on Saturday. Felt like VIR in August or something. I hadn't been there since 8/08. I left the track back then with a personal best of 1:01.79. I had a mission to see 00's at some point this weekend and running on old tires, I just wasn't sure if it was in the cards. Sunday at lunch, Buck spooned on a new 211 and I thought I might give it a try. After one session of getting used to the tire, the next session was going to be the one. I got out behind a guy who was testing with two other riders for an endurance team. Our first flying lap was a 1:01.61 and we ran three more 1:01's in a row. I knew I had a little more in the tank and when he pulled in to switch riders, I put my head down and let her fly. 1:00.61 came first, 1:00.42 came second and 1:00.19 came last. I didn't even realize I hit the first two until I came into the pits.

Everything felt great and I didn't feel like I was on the edge or anything. Also, I just picked up a sweet STM slipper clutch on the way home from the track. Thanks again Finn for the eBay sniping on the Blackberry. I'll be back soon and I will be licking the Beave the next time I'm there!
Jim - you were moving out there. I wish there was a little less humidity so I could have gotten some more A sessions in. Hopefully see you in July!

Matt H

lemondrop;133637 wrote: word up....had a great time. Good running with all ewes. That damned turn 10 ate my lunch all weekend.

Saw a couple 3's so i can't complain much. new can on its way!

Thanks for everyone coming out to the taco bar. Was great sitting round and shooting the shite!
Good seeing you, and hanging with people Saturday night. I was so bummed to see you spectating from the outside of turn 7. Hopefully see you out there soon.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
already in progress.....

i was unsure of the elevation and wasn't able to do a trackwalk...so figured the best way to see if that turn was off camber or not was by first person examination.....

its a little gritty and worn tires do not stick well...

condon66

looneyr1;134147 wrote: +1 on a great day/weekend at the track. Got the bump to I so pretty excited about that. Would like to say that this was my first time to wampum... exciting track, loved it.
Wanted to take 15 seconds of everyone’s time (who reads this) to point out that I joined nesba less than a year ago and on Sunday I pushed to I level. I have a ton to work on but believe that my bump is a pretty remarkable achievement.... not remarkable for me... but remarkable for CRs; Chris, Dave & Will. All of them have spent time and money (on tires, fuel and frustration) working with me. Folks - at some point on the track.. look around.. the CRs are spending more time and money then we are ... and they are doing it to move us to the next level. Next time you are at the track.. thank a CR for YOUR progress.. To the Three Gentleman mentioned above :cheers: and congrats on your hard work developing me to the next level. Chris P - This one goes on you... Wouldn’t have made it this far without your help sir. Truly impressive and what NESBA needs to be premier.

See you on the track
I also got a bump to "I" after just my second full day with nesba. I've done a couple other events with other orgs. at Nelson and Beaver. Two other times with nesba my track bike (that I've barely gotten to ride yet) ate a rod bearing, both times before lunch...:banghead:. It's not a good feeling when two out of four track days you have engine failure. Still don't have it back yet so I took the little SV street-ride to the Beave and had a hell of a good time wringin' the guts outta that thing! I was thinking I might not have a whole bunch of fun on it but I was wayyy wrong. (After-market fork parts helped) I had a freakin' blast and now I'm takin' 'er to Jefferson....and I'm bettin' that track is a blast for the little SV. I'm thinking maybe I should just track out the SV......what the hell. Thanks to Chris and Will for their input...both seem like real good guys.

The SB Image

N2 Photographer
Then I think its time to retire that avatar
original.jpg

rk97;133523 wrote: I had a fantastic weekend. something 'clicked' with my riding, and I just felt comfortable going faster.....
some random pictures from this weekend
http://thesbimage.com/JunNESBA/index.html

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Ray those are some amazing shots as always. Like the new shots you got from this weekend.

PJZOCC624

condon66;134192 said:
Two other times... ate a rod bearing, both times before lunch...:banghead:. It's not a good feeling when two out of four track days you have engine failure. QUOTE]

How about 3 straight trips to Beaverun, and each time you get hung up on the trip down because of a car fire??? :argh: :banghead:

Strange things happen when you drive 6 hours for Beaver...