Q2 Life Span

JLove

Good advice. I guess I also forgot to mention that the number one reason why you use warmers in the first place is to reduce the number of heat cycles that go into the tires, which will help to extend their life. If you are wearing out tires in a couple of days, its probably time to get better tires, warmers, and change your routine. This is assuming you have a good suspension and it is setup properly. If that isn't in order, start with suspension.

HTH

BigBird

Remember this is from a slow pace:

My Q2s have gone through about 6 days, and probably another day or 2 left. Though, I will be switching them out for the endurance day.

I run them 31F/28R HOT....cold start is usually 28-29F/23-25R

rugbydawg13

On Q2s? The Dunlop rep recommended 32/32 cold. I cold see messing around a pound or two but those aren't designed for super low psi.

BigBird

rugbydawg13;211267 wrote: On Q2s? The Dunlop rep recommended 32/32 cold. I cold see messing around a pound or two but those aren't designed for super low psi.
you would be surprised...A CR told me to use lower hot pressures and they have been awesome for the most part. still going 6 days strong (albeit I'm slow)

rugbydawg13

Not going to bag on any CRs but there's a lot of opinions on the paddock and I'll always go with what the tire pros recommend. I've learned that from the experience of getting street tires greasy and low-siding from too low pressures. I'm surprised that rear doesn't feel unstable to you.

dbarufaldi

rugbydawg13;211267 wrote: On Q2s? The Dunlop rep recommended 32/32 cold. I cold see messing around a pound or two but those aren't designed for super low psi.
Agree the other pressures sound too low for the rear, but I think 32/32 is a bit hard. Canadian Dunlop person said for the US made Q2, start 29f/27-29r COLD, and go from there. He confirmed what our NESBA Dunlop person said - that the Q2 was not as sensitive to pressure changes as other tires, and it wouldn't amount to huge gains/losses to change pressures, within reason. Probably why some are running low, some high, but everyone thinks it works for them.

rugbydawg13

Makes sense. I've run 30/30 without any stability issues. I've moved on to D211GP-As now though. The Q2s were amazing. Best hypersport tire I've ever run but the D211s are simply ridiculous.

dbarufaldi

rugbydawg13;211283 wrote: Makes sense. I've run 30/30 without any stability issues. I've moved on to D211GP-As now though. The Q2s were amazing. Best hypersport tire I've ever run but the D211s are simply ridiculous.
I have been toying with the idea of this jump, as well. Can you provide some "color" to the differences you like?

Dan B

rugbydawg13

The grip and lean angles are simply superior. I'd have a hard time with a detailed comparison because I was running Pirellis on the track bike and then switched but the D211GPAs were better for me than the Dragon Supercorsas. I had run the Q2s on the Honda previously. The front end feel under brakes was nice, less squishy feeling. I was able to get on the throttle sooner while still leaned over too. Some of it was confidence and some of it because I could run a better line but I dropped 4 seconds of my VIR South times from Saturday to Sunday after switching.

dbarufaldi

rugbydawg13;211292 wrote: The grip and lean angles are simply superior. I'd have a hard time with a detailed comparison because I was running Pirellis on the track bike and then switched but the D211GPAs were better for me than the Dragon Supercorsas. I had run the Q2s on the Honda previously. The front end feel under brakes was nice, less squishy feeling. I was able to get on the throttle sooner while still leaned over too. Some of it was confidence and some of it because I could run a better line but I dropped 4 seconds of my VIR South times from Saturday to Sunday after switching.
Thanks....that helps.

BigBird

dbarufaldi;211279 wrote: Agree the other pressures sound too low for the rear, but I think 32/32 is a bit hard. Canadian Dunlop person said for the US made Q2, start 29f/27-29r COLD, and go from there. He confirmed what our NESBA Dunlop person said - that the Q2 was not as sensitive to pressure changes as other tires, and it wouldn't amount to huge gains/losses to change pressures, within reason. Probably why some are running low, some high, but everyone thinks it works for them.
that makes sense...the main reason I did try those low pressures is that the rear tire was getting to 35-36 pounds off the track, and felt like I was on ice. I was on my 3rd session with the tires and was ready to switch to a different brand at lunch, when it was recommended to drop the pressures. Now I'm a fan.

if i ever get fast, I will go UK NTECs