Why did I low-side?

Mikey75702

redrdr;217956 wrote: I've noticed this is really dependent upon the person coaching/observing you. I'm riding with TPM this year. At one point, I asked to get bumped from B to I. After observing me, the coach said I wasn't ready for I group. He said my speed was fine, but I needed to work on my lines. He said to practice and try again later. End of conversation and he rode off.

From a rider standpoint, his advice was not very useful. There was no turn later in this corner, or use this other line in this other corner. Generic advice doesn't point a person in the direction of how to do things correctly. I guess after a few experiences that didn't yield any results, I've found it better to use the forums for analysis.I was talking about nesba cr's ie Jim Curtis.... They do their job well.. can't speak for tpm though, as i haven't ridden with them.

HondaGalToo;217964 wrote: Pretty sure Mikey was talking about nesba CRs. not TPM coaches. I find that the feedback given by nesba CRs is generally more detailed and specific than that of coaches in other organizations. Are you still riding with nesba as well?
Yes Judy i was talking about nesba cr's as I have never ridden with tpm.

redrdr;217966 wrote:
Wow, I don't think I've seen anyone meetballed on a forum yet. Well, I heard a saying once that really states how I tend to live.

"Making the right decisions comes from wisdom,
Wisdom comes from making the wrong decision"

I'm definitely gaining my wisdom.
Well how do you think i got my nickname.... Jiggy hit me with the Meatball flag last winter.

madriders86

redrdr;217961 wrote: I haven't had this problem up to this point. In the beginning, I was weighting the inside peg. My quads and knees were hurting at the end of the day due to the stress. I've made a point of putting pressure on the outside peg.
Make it a point to get to the gym.

You don't want to be right up on the tank. That forces you to use your (WEAKER) groin muscles.

Watch this and pay careful attention to what he's talking about in your hips.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxODoscChNo&feature=related

Gorecki;217968 wrote:
Chris,

From your last post, it appears to me you do have work to do on body position. Where you started out sounds to be more along the lines of correct because your knees and quads were getting tired from being used as additional suspension instead of being planted on your butt. Your first change of being closer to the tank, rotating around the tank, pressure on the bars? ALL wrong! There should be NO real pressure on the bars, you should feel like you can almost let go of them! But from the sounds of it you're lead back to better getting away from the tank but (it sounds like) you still need to get some of the weight off your butt and on the pegs again.

Granted I make it clear I'm not the most experienced and someone may come along and disagree, but the sorts of thing I'm suggesting are because I was told by a CR I needed to get my ass off the seat, and when it clicked, the result was REALLY CLEAR. There was a newly found sense of balance and control. But at the end of the first full day of this, my legs/knees were NOT happy! But that part gets better with conditioning.
Sounds good to me...

erick1670

I posted a tread about Ben Spies track day and if you really look at the video, there are about 6-8 shots of him how he's moving on the bike and transitioning and setting up his body to given corner.... Really cool IMO

You can learn alot by watching some else in action and place a camera in your bike in few diferent places so it is facing you and then you can see what are you are doing wrong..... I have learn alot about my riding doing that