Winter pics

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I've got a new picture that I thought I would share. I was running the bike in a dark garage and caught this on camera. It took a couple times to get it timed right, but the effect is pretty cool. Break out the marshmallows! Man, I can't wait to let this thing loose on the track!

IMG_20161229_174611780.jpg

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Jim...is that REALLY your bike, or are you just showing off with a lighter in a dark room after dinner at Taco Bell?

I've seen that trick before. It produces the same blue flame. :like:

tdelegram

Control Rider
here's my winter pics, they might be a little more of a before compared to yours:
IMG_2194_zpstdrcwn0r.jpg
IMG_2195_zpskr0nv8ax.jpg
IMG_2196_zpsucov9l2w.jpg

Dave, some comments about my jugs would be appropriate.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Reason for the tear down:
IMG_7265_zpsgrouqi7a.jpeg

IMG_7081_zpsggj4xq1e.jpeg

I highsided this bike back in the Nesba days on the back straight at PIRC and ended up not riding for 18 months, during the accident I bent the shift rod going into the transmission which when I started riding again this led to lots of false neutrals. The poor alignment and engagement of the gears led to the damage above. The bike should be back together for Jennings with some world super bike spec gears. Fortunately the head and cylinder were perfect and I only lost 2 case bearings and unfortunately every gear was damaged except 2. I was tempted to go with a full WSB spec motor but even with that I would still be chasing R1's and Pinagale's in the straights down on HP.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Yeah, chuck hooked me up. Swenson and Kruzel also got me the tank and decals to personalize the bike a little.

Tom, always enjoy pics of a nice set of jugs

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
What did you think the biggest differences were after riding both?

Maybe my last 3 seasons on the R6 and adjusting to that chassis has me a little biased towards that geometry, but....Here's my two cents.

The one word that comes to mind...Balance. The 1299's torque was a little overwhelming. The bike felt (to me) like it's center if gravity was higher up.
The 1299s just didn't feel as planted. It's a gorgeous machine, though. Ducati's are definitely a bit of a different feel, but my 1198S, to me, feels better
than that 1299 does.

The R1 on the other hand, felt almost exactly like my R6 from the second my feet left the ground and landed on the pegs.

Instead of a "just getting to know and adjust to a new bike weekend" at Barber in November, I may have had the best weekend at Barber that I've ever had.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Nice work Tom! I didn't realize you had such talents…
Vinny, my real talents are consulting with health insurance companies on a broad array of topics. While I have rebuilt many 2 and 4 stroke bikes in the past in this case I have a "guy". Regardless, can't wait for Jennings to ride a perfect bike again!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Man, it's a good thing those chunks came off in big pieces with that roller bearing right there...just saying. Had a similar experience once when my transmission imploded (also at Pitt...hmmmm). Anyways the schrapnel stayed in the sump, the oil screen protected the engine, all I needed was a new gear set. I'm not used to being lucky but that was one time.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Man, it's a good thing those chunks came off in big pieces with that roller bearing right there...just saying. Had a similar experience once when my transmission imploded (also at Pitt...hmmmm). Anyways the schrapnel stayed in the sump, the oil screen protected the engine, all I needed was a new gear set. I'm not used to being lucky but that was one time.
While it's open I am replacing bearings, 2 had a rough spot so I figured do them all now rather than losing one next season. Bikes also getting completely safety wired, might turn some heavy weight twin Wera laps and endurance laps on it too.