Winter pics

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I could really care less how I get there! I'll sit on top if it helps! I just had shoulder surgery on Friday, so the only thing I'm concerned about is making sure it is ready to go in February.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I could really care less how I get there! I'll sit on top if it helps! I just had shoulder surgery on Friday, so the only thing I'm concerned about is making sure it is ready to go in February.
Jim if your shoulder is not ready I will be happy to turn some laps on your new R1 to help shake it down. Friends help friends!

tdelegram

Control Rider
The good news is with one armed acceleration you'll fade left and that works well for Jennings. By Sunday if it's too much for you I'll have the 390 or crf100 super moto, they should be mellow compared to your fire breathing, virginity stealing, lock up your children, widow making R1.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Haven't started working on the street bikes yet...but got my dirt bike finished and ready to rock. Electric start 2 stroke is almost like cheating. :D These things are a hoot. I don't know why I waited so long to get back into dirt bikes.

111.jpg

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I only wish my front yard looked like that. It looks like you can start it up in your driveway and head right out somewhere. Nothing like that around here.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I wish. No such luck. Just appears that way. I will say that there are a lot of places to ride under an hour away, and to leave, ride, and return all in the same day (and still be home before 7) is a beautiful thing.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Nice bike John, great colors! Is that that. 250 or 300 and which line XC/mxc or xcw/exc? I see it has the enduro tank and after market seat on it and a stock pipe. I have some old 2 stroke stuff laying around from my 05 300 mxc that I'll try to inventory for you. I raced the mxc in gncc for a few tear then went back to motocross on an 07 sx. If you have any Ktm dirt bike or suspension questions let me know. The pds linkless rear is actually really good if it's valved and sprung correctly, it doesn't have the range of a linked rear so many folks that ride them just think they are junk because the linked rears work out of the box for a much broader range of weights. If you're interested in getting stuffed in the spring let me know:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
It's a 300 XC-W. I am super lucky and have a very good dirt bike suspension guy right down the road from me. I just pretty much replaced everything on the bike aside from motor work. Had to get new springs for my, ahem, "heavier" physique, and he's got it all dialed in for me. Shock also got serviced. Every bearing has been replaced. Head bearings, wheel bearings, swing arm, shock...everything. New chain and sprockets, new brakes...all that little shit. It's got a fair amount of hours on it (230) but runs absolutely awesome...and it's got a street title. Next thing will eventually be a Rekluse, and maybe a steering damper. Other than that, I really don't have any desire to put any more money into it other than upkeep costs. It's got a bunch of doo-dads on it already, pretty much everything Enduro Engineering makes for it.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Sounds like it's ready to go! The early electric start 2 stokes were hard on the starters, not sure if it was solved but don't be shy kicking it. I found a brand new pipe guard I never mounted because the 300 mxc cylinder where the exhuust studs were would crack so most guys opted for crushing pipes rather than replacing cyclinders. I think that was changed on the electric start models. The bike also came with 3 power valve springs, I found the middle one the best for racing and riding. Just remember knobbie tires were designed to leave the ground and fly!

physicistkev

Control Rider
I'm out for the majority of the season. Everyone with a trailer can breath a sigh of relief.

I have a SLAP tear in my right shoulder. Basically the bicep tendon has ripped the labrum off the bone at the top of my shoulder. I am trying to get the work done next week since the recovery time is SIX months. Probably more for getting back on the track. I am hopeful that I can get through PT quickly like I have in the past with a decent work ethic. Why I cant apply that work ethic to lose weight or learn to go faster on the track is beyond me (Man I like donuts and bacon). I get to have the last 2 inches of the tendon cut off, a hole drilled in the outside upper portion of the humerus and the tendon gets anchored into the bone there. Sounds great.

I'm not getting any younger and there isn't a good time of year to do this kind of surgery due to the recovery time. So, trying to get it over with ASAP is the best cure. At least I am off snow shoveling duty.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Good luck Kevin, drilling holes, reattaching stuff, I couldn't tell if you were talking about your arm or and AC unit on a trailer. I know pt is a pia but stick with it, in the long run it works. Sounds like you'll be back just in time for tha august pirc.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Sorry to hear about the injury Kevin. I just had Labrum surgery two weeks ago, but it was minor compared to what you will be going through. Best of luck on that!