Recent content by arhale09

1. arhale09

cold temp tire strategy?

Someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but if the track is that cold, you're probably never gonna get the tires up to optimum temp. The track will actually pull heat from the tires. I think I've seen several of the CR's will run Q2's below a certain temp, but I don't know what the...
  2. arhale09

A sad day in the motorcycle community

RIP Marco, you would have been battling for the top spot on the box before too long. My heart goes out to Edwards and Rossi as well. Hope this isn't Edwards' last race... Thoughts and prayers to all involved.
  3. arhale09

Yamaha withdraws from WSBK at season's end

True, it means nothing in terms of Yamaha being competitive. I'm sure they could put Hopper on a satellite Yamaha and be pretty competitive next year. But it's bad for the series. You've got a production class which has very little factory support. Suzuki is gone, Ducati is gone, Yamaha is gone...
  4. arhale09

Yeah, with WSBK going to one bike next year, it doesn't seem to make much sense, and I'm sure Melandri will feel hard done by. Apparently he just re-upped his contract last week! Hopefully Marco and Eugene can secure good rides elsewhere, they deserve em.
  5. arhale09

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/171810/1/yamaha_announces_wsbk_withdrawal.html Wow....
  6. arhale09

Suspension Setup at Trackdays?

At the most recent VIR North North day, Thermosman was there and setting up suspensions for $40 and he was a miracle worker. On my previous bike, I had it set up by GMD Computrac, and those guys are incredible as well. They'll do it for $40-50 bucks
  7. arhale09

help me get faster, advice please

I would again say that working with a CR on the track is gonna be your greatest source of good info, but watching your vid, I noticed something: It looks like, going through Museum turn and the exit of the chicane on the backside, that you aren't really clipping the apex as you go through the...
  8. arhale09

VIR AMA cancelled !!!!

Maybe CycleJam will benefit from this?
  9. arhale09

Barber Motor Park

Barber is just a ridiculously fun track, imo. I wish I knew all the corner numbers but I don't, so I'll just describe them: It seems like the line going into Museum corner has most guys running over the curbing on the stretch before, and you want to have your braking done before you hit that...
  10. arhale09

Torn between two bikes for the track

I may be in the minority here with this, but there is no need whatsoever to dump all that money into suspension and slipper clutches, especially if you are only doing a few days a year. You'll just have a really trick bike that never gets ridden. Spend your money on tires and trackdays.
  11. arhale09

Cornerspeed or California Superbike

I've never done the Keith Code school, but I have done Cornerspeed and would recommend it highly. Without having taken his school and based only on reading his books and hearing feedback from others, Code seems to have some interesting teaching methods, which you may or may not like. I'll leave...
  12. arhale09

VIR-North 6/11- 6/12 weekend!

I've never looked at a topogrophy map or anything, but I've done a trackwalk at VIR and ridden there dozens of times, and I'm pretty sure that T-1 is not off-camber. But it can get a little greasy when the weather is warm...
  13. arhale09

Ken Block (yes, THAT Ken Block) to drive F1 car

Don't know what Pirelli's logic is, but they're giving him the keys to their test car at Monza...The piece is full of the dry English wit we've come to love from the Top Gear lads, as well... http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/ken-block-pirelli-f1-test-monza-2011-06-13
  14. arhale09

An actual Conversation with a NESBA sucks club member

As much as I like Nesba, it's not for everybody. Some people just want to call themselves fast and be taken at their word, and when Nesba says "prove it," their egos get ruffled. And anyway, if this dude is so impatient that he can't take one session to show the CR's how kickass he really is...
  15. arhale09

Big Thanks to Nesba

Sunday appeared to be a pretty good day too, shoulda stuck around. Unfortunately I didn't make any of the morning sessions, and by the time I made it out in the afternoon, everybody else was already up to speed. It wasn't pretty, at least from my point of view. Good luck at your race next weekend!