Recent content by bluers

1. bluers

Just wondering, how did everyone come up with their bike#?

#16. Started playing soccer as a young lad and got the same number two years in a row so my mom kept with that number. Once I started to play hockey I stayed with that number as well.
  2. bluers

Sliders on footpegs?

Great! The reason I love riding with NESBA is discussions like this. The long time guys and girls offered up their thoughts without putting anyone down and backed up their reasoning. I've seen the supermoto guys melt skateboard wheels to their pegs as sliders, but they are a different breed...
  3. bluers

Let's see your best photo from 2013…

VIR B group!
  4. bluers

Getting a title for a salvaged bike

I'll let others chime in, but from my understanding, in NC it is more trouble than it is worth. If it's a track only bike a bill of sale is probably fine (that's all I have with mine), but if you want it for street too then you may want one with a title in hand. A salvage title is fine. It can...
  5. bluers

WTB: Looking or budget track bike or potential track bike.

That was fast! Check the bike over during the winter and get ready for the addiction come spring!
  6. bluers

progressive or linear springs

*raises hand* I would and I'm sure the op would too!
  7. bluers

Tips for removing gopro mount?

I would go the hairdryer route. Heat guns put out a LOT of heat. I de-badge every car I own and use a hair dryer and fishing line. Works like a charm!
  8. bluers

Suzuki GSXR Brake Recall

Oh, it was the one on the bike, but I went to a Brembo after it started failing. I would just like to have a good one as a backup incase.
  9. bluers

Suzuki GSXR Brake Recall

Will they allow you to bring in your mc and swap parts or do they have to do it? I have a spare that was shot that I'd like to get exchanged to keep as a backup.
  10. bluers

Suzuki GSXR brake recall

I saw this on one of my other forums. I have a 2006 600 that had this issue and upgraded to a Brembo because of it. I kept it and will see if they will swap it out off the bike with just a registration card. Never hurts to have a spare!
  11. bluers

Paging JRA

I want this shirt!! :wow:
  12. bluers

Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC

I saw this on my Subaru forum. I agree- everybody here was at fault. The bikers acted the way a lot of them are expected to act and it gives all sportbikes a bad name.
  13. bluers

which bike for track days

There are plenty of SV's in I group and even a few in A. I personally have been passed by an SV and he was so quick by the time we hit the straight at North I couldn't even catch up. Very solid bikes and spares would be plentiful in the paddock.
  14. bluers

which bike for track days

$300 or $3000? If it's 300 you should sell the F3 and use the money for suspension and trackdays on the sv. Either way there are a few guys running sv's in A group. They are a very capable bike. If you are upper I on a 95 CBR you are riding the crap out of that bike and I would say you would do...
  15. bluers

Calling all NESBA Members!!!

These spammers are getting sneaky now. Reported!