Recent content by borgNSR

1. B

Speed shifting

I've been doing clutchless upshifts, with the occasional downshift on a fair number of bikes since 1985, before I finally got a bike last year with a nice QS. In the last 15 years alone, I blew up just about exactly zero transmissions doing that, but admittedly had probably triple that number of...
  2. B

Midwest Track Day

These kinds of days are especially good for tuning up a bike or running a semi-serious testing program, where you make changes and go out when you are ready, come back in, make more changes and go back out hot. It doesn't mean that traffic conditions on track will always go your way, but at...
  3. B

When do you know the time to change bikes?

A combination of breaking Commandment 10 and peer pressure. I love the 03-04 R6, I think it is a classic. But when its time, its time. A few years ago, the gang was all on 04 to 06 600's for a couple of seasons, all is well. Then one goes to an 09 R6 2 years ago, he does good. A year later 2 of...
  4. B

Physicistkev's Barber video Bananza (A group)

That Sunday Session 6 was really good. You had him from 1 through 8A, and he had you in the faster S sections from 9 through 14. If you could have picked that up from him...well, it was pretty cool to see how that turned out. Nice riding! I'm definitely going with your tighter turn 5 lines...
  5. B

2003 Yamaha R6 Trackbike Package - St Charles, IL

SOLD! 03 Yamaha R6 Track bike Salvage Title - all history of receipts go with sale Stock Engine Always changed with synthetic oil every 3-4 trackdays Recent top end refresh 14 trackdays old 520 Chain, Sprockets, all 14 trackdays (1 year) Goodridge braided brake lines front and rear Micron...
  6. B

00-01 RC51 SP1 Yoshimura RS-3 Exhausts

00-01 RC51 SP1 Yoshimura RS-3 Stainless Exhausts: These are from an 00-01 RC51 SP1 that I sold long ago. Small dents in midpipe shown as best I can, slight deformation of one can (lower can in picture), very hard to show, invisible from 5 feet. All rivets tight, great sound. Questions to...
  7. B

Stan Braxton: 1960- 2011

Godspeed.
  8. B

2003 Yamaha R6 Track/Race Bike - $2600 - NW Chicago

Great bike, solid & reliable performer, offered by a great seller. With that fresh motor last time out at BHF, I had nothing for you. GLWS.
  9. B

Upgrading the SV

Get both I have both, and I say get both. 1st gen SV with an 01 GSXR 750 front end including triples, and the 2nd gen R6 ohlins valving in front, both stock motors, and both with Penske triples out back. Being able to switch back and forth is an amazing learning opportunity that has helped me...
  10. B

blame

Manual Traction Controller failure.
  11. B

Q2 Life Span

Yeah, a pic would help. My best guess with a 32 psi rear cold is cold tearing, as it certainly doesn't sound like you overheated it with those pressures. How much gain did you get from cold to hot? This is the best indicator of how hard you are pushing your tires; I shoot for 6-7 lbs gain from...