Recent content by bowtie76

1. bowtie76

R6 for track with weird stem bolt?

You caught me sleeping at the keyboard, that should have read nut not bolt. Anyway stock nut and washer came in and fit fine, the shoulder under the nut in the pictures above was actually part of the nut the PO used. All is good now. Thanks for the help,
  2. bowtie76

Stock nut and washer are on the way. I'm worried that there is 1/4" of non threaded steering stem above the top of the triple. Hopefully the washer and bolt shoulder take up that space, otherwise I'm lost.
  3. bowtie76

picked up this 03 R6 for the track. The previous owner had a GPR V4 steering damper on previously but broke the mount. So I ordered a new mount plate so I could get it installed, but when I went to install it I saw that the stem bolt was not stock and was capped. Further when fully tightened...
  4. bowtie76

Type of bike question?

I ran a 06 Triumph ST in the intermediate group with no issues, That said I just got an R6 for track duties cause pushing the big bike would really wear me out by the end of the day.
  5. bowtie76

fork rebuild

So my fork seal blew the other day and I've decided to upgrade while I'm in there fixing it. I'm 6'5" and 250lb with no gear, I'm riding a 06 Triumph Sprint ST, I mostly commute and ride on twisty back roads in mountains, and do 3-4 track days a year. So not a total track bike but I have fun...
  6. bowtie76

NCBike!

ANyone know who was taking pictures under the canopy in Turn 5 on Sunday? Long turn, should be some great shots.
  7. bowtie76

NCBIKE Roll Call

Late but im in for Sunday. All packed and heading down in the morning
  8. bowtie76

VIR Info

So how late can you register for a track day? I'm registered for Monday but I'm waiting to see how sunny it is on Sunday before I commit. Can I sign up that morning if I show up?
  9. bowtie76

VIR Info

Any chance of walking North on Sunday night? I know past walks of South have been helpful.
  10. bowtie76

RVA riders!?!?!??

I'll see you guys on Sunday. You staying for Monday?
  11. bowtie76

Who's coming to VIR S.S.N. ????

I'm in for Sunday Monday. See you all there
  12. bowtie76

June 29th VIR 'B' group video

Yeah I live right off rt33 and work at UVA. I posted on your rt33 swift run video that I live about 5 min from the old gas station you started from . Drop me a line next time you come up to ride. sdr2n@virginia.edu
  13. bowtie76

Added more videos from the B sesions to my earier post above, enjoy.
  14. bowtie76

Josh, nice meeting you, I was pitted next to you with the sprint. Hope to see you out there again. Have you heard any updates on the other guys ankle and wrist?
  15. bowtie76

Here are a couple of my videos, I'll post more but I have to edit them to under 15min for Youtube. Devil, I think I'm behind you at the begining of one of these. Session 1 http://youtu.be/-ugHeeMad_w Session 2 after redflag http://youtu.be/iJHIVarrVlo Session 3 really long sesion before...