Recent content by ct1200

1. ct1200

Noob needs some advice on how to get started.

I've done 2 days so far... Day 1- You can't wipe that grin off your face all day n night. Day 2- Ok, how do I pay for tires, trailer, etc etc etc... One thing I'll say is don't go cheap on the riding gear, good comfortable gear put my mind a little more at ease to know I'd make it to work on...
  2. ct1200

street to track and back

:agree: Amen to that
  3. ct1200

Looking for a good trailer dealer.

^^^^ And how far, or how long your going to be towing. Take breaks let everything cool off a bit. I know tracks aren't too close to some of us, and a break down 200-300 miles from home sucks.
  4. ct1200

Motorcycle type with NESBA?

A Vrod actually survived a track day? Oh this I need pics of. I tested one at a dealer just to compare, theres a reason they use it as a base for a drag bike. Goes great in a straight line.
  5. ct1200

Ya had to do the Condor, can't see y not, takes most of the issues out of play. And I got the 2 bike version just incase someone might want to tag along, or even a Daytona trip someday. For any apt ppl this thing is great. I have a few ideas on adding like a truck tool box to carry a few items...
  6. ct1200

I just bought a Trailer in A Bag. Not used it yet but I did put it together. Seems pretty good to me, best thing is when I'm done, pull it apart and store it inside. And if you are in NYC, that might be a big + for ya. Going to be towing with a Mazda so I need as light as I could get.
  7. ct1200

Little Bunny Races

Buddy of mine did one just south of Boston about 3 weeks ago, 8 mile loop, do as many laps as you can in 90min I believe. Wow, some of those guys were nutz, track days are one thing, but thats an obstacle course at 30-60mph. Few ppl couldn't make out where the trail was actually to go, ppl...
  8. ct1200

WTB - Pitbull front stand

Ahhh, I love bike ads... Wheres the stand?
  9. ct1200

Motorcycle type with NESBA?

There was a VStrom in I at NJMP on 4-2-11. I was envious of his windscreen in the am. There was a small 250? old racer there I believe in I also, heavily modded of course, didn't get the story on it but it looked like it kept up.
  10. ct1200

New to NESBA and the track Chester County Pa

Orginally PA, Dubois area Jefferson County, now CT Mohegan Sun area, hence the screen name
  11. ct1200

The low end is awesome and it handles great, the top end not so much, so I strugle in the long straights. But Im always right behind someone in the turns. But no passing in the turns for B Grp. Ive only done 2 days so far so Im still pretty green.
  12. ct1200

new from WV!

Ahhh... need a roomate? I'm good at taking care of a house. If anything you live close enough, it sounds ,to just take a ride out to the track and meet everyone, see how a track day works, etc. I'm hoping to make it to Summit Point next month, but its a bit of a trip from CT.
  13. ct1200

Show up early, read the handbook and be ready for tech inspection at 7am. Getting there early makes your experience so much easier and less stressful, and its better for everyone as a whole too. Then theres a B group meeting as the As and Is do there 1st sessions. Theres normally another B...
  14. ct1200

Those #@! E-Z UP Canopy Bags

This place is right down the road from me. Been shopping there for a while. http://www.mysticarmynavy.com/
  15. ct1200

Just and idea to make a better event!

Man I really need to move south!!!