Recent content by DUNLOP-RTS

1. DUNLOP-RTS

When Should I switch from Q2 to Race Tires (D211GPA or better)?

Yes we have the D209GPA front and new D211GPA rear combo available. If you don't want the D209GPA front, get the D211GPA front and rear (190/55 rear) for under $300 per set. Its on our website. www.dunlopracing.com
  2. DUNLOP-RTS

Sure, the D211GPA is a DOT tire. Totally street approved. Keep in mind that just because its a race tire does not mean you can go a race pace and get the same traction. Use your head and good judgment, don't go flicking it into every left hand turn at race pace. Certainly if its cold or wet...
  3. DUNLOP-RTS

New Dunlop Slicks! Any info on em?

Yes the 190/60 D211GPA is the same width and diameter as the 200/55 KR449 slick, and are interchangeable without any setup changes. Riders with 5.5 rims have the option of using the 190/55 D211GPA or 190/55 KR449 slicks, or choose from the higher performing 190/60 D211GPA or 200/55 KR449...
  4. DUNLOP-RTS

Tire temps

There is not a target temp or difference in temp. Every track is different and each rider can produce different temps. Dunlop tecs use the temp gauge to check for overheating, that is the main use for that tool. It is most useful at tracks that are known for overheating like Daytona, Willow...
  5. DUNLOP-RTS

YEP! We will have a service truck at CMP for the CCS event. We service EVERY CCS and WERA event, and most every other race event nationwide.
  6. DUNLOP-RTS

165/55 Slicks are available right NOW! No supply issue on those or the 160 DOT for SV's Call to order.
  7. DUNLOP-RTS

Tire pressure for Q2's at the track?

We recommend 32f/32r cold. 34f/34r hot. IF you wanted to get a little bit more grip you could go down 2 psi in the rear. but the trade off is stability and tire life. Our factory test riders have put down all their fast laps and control laps using 34f/32r. varying more the 2 psi from this...
  8. DUNLOP-RTS

They won some races and track records Click for report: Jake Holden Click for report: BEI Racing The 190/55 in the 5436 compound last a good while and is very grippy. If you have a big bike the 200/55 is the way to go. 5436 is the compound to run at track days. We have something coming...
  9. DUNLOP-RTS

What tires are sold at NESBA Track Days now?

IF you want tires trackside, Chuck at Performance Cycle Worx is the man. If you want to have your tires ahead of time your tire ahead of time you can mail order them. Call us for tech or ordering advice, 800-772-8473
  10. DUNLOP-RTS

Tires for Hayabusa

That big bad boy need a big tire in the back. If you want 1 front and 1 rear you can call direct and order them $255 per set. 120/70x17 D209GPA med 200/55x17 D211GP soft 800-772-8473 Race Tire Service
  11. DUNLOP-RTS

Tire Pressure Growth Questions

I'll bit on this one. Answering #1, First off you have basic misunderstanding of cold and hot definitions. Cold is the cold pressure setting at room temperature. This could be a 40 degree morning or a 90 degree morning. Since the room temp (outside temp) can widely vary, we don't like to...
  12. DUNLOP-RTS

Q2's and warmers

Bryan and Craig are both right! Keep them, you will use them someday. Yes you can use them with Q2. Remember, all the warmer does is put heat into the tire first, so you dont have to make 2 warmup laps to accomplish the same thing. Using them on any tire gives you 2 extra laps to go fast...
  13. DUNLOP-RTS

Rear Tire Size?

IF using Q2 then use the 180/55 If using D211GP-A use 190/55
  14. DUNLOP-RTS

Define: DRASTIC? What is the price for each? then let the rider decide based on facts, not the emotion of "Drastic". ;) D211GP-A's are $375 per set. You can get a combo D209GP-A and D211GP-A for $289 per set. What are Q2 going for these days?
  15. DUNLOP-RTS

I do not believe that tire warmers extend the life of a tire to any significant degree. There is no empirical data to support this. There are too many variables to get a good factual observation from just a track day. Moving on, if you are using Q2 and happy, then stick with it. If you want...