Recent content by jas0336

1. jas0336

09 R1 track bike

selling 2009 Yamaha R1 track-only bike. I purchased the bike new at the end of 2009 strictly for the track. I do not have the street plastic but if you purchase plastic it could easily be turned street legal again. Clean title in hand, when the check clears, you get the title. 1200...
  2. jas0336

Huge Event!!! Road Atlanta Airfence Fundraiser in July

This weekend was awesome. I haven't been to any track since last October so returning, and to Rd Atlanta no less, brought some mixed feelings. I have to say it was EXACTLY what I needed. Pitting with the crew from Irish Racing, seeing old friends and meeting new ones just reminded me why I love...
  3. jas0336

Fund Raiser For Airfence Fund Raiser T-Shirts

never mind I found it. I'm still in ;)
  4. jas0336

Fund Raiser For Airfence Fund Raiser T-Shirts

Hey Kenny, sorry if I missed info on this, I've been away for a while due to work and trying to buy a house. I did a quick search but didnt see anything about the fundraiser. I get that shirts are being made up...what else is going on? You know I'm in.
  5. jas0336

Clip Ons

The assembly for the R1 is longer than stock. My starter is already separate so maybe the MP switch is slimmer ? :dunno:
  6. jas0336

Clip Ons

So you loosen upper and lower clamps, slide them down with the wheel assembly and then put the new mounts on? I've never had the front end apart (other than the wheel) so not sure, but can't you just remove the upper triple completely without taking everything else loose? Is it a 6 of one 1/2...
  7. jas0336

Clip Ons

what does "a hag" mean? It sounds negative but you said they are good so I'm thinking I just dont know that one :) Thanks for the tip about grease...I guess that means you wouldn't use blue locktite? thanks again...always nice to have expert advice on tap
  8. jas0336

Clip Ons

winter upgrades include a new Motion Pro adjustable throttle. This setup requires a longer tube. So I decided it was time to go with after market clip ons. After looking for a while, I'm down to either Woodcraft or Graves. I think you can't go wrong with either but the final decision (in my...
  9. jas0336

Rumored death at Atlanta

thank you I just wanted to take a minute to thank those in our community who have commented and shown support for Bryan and his family. I know Bryan's mom and Nova especially appreciated all the support from our group. Along with supporting his family, I appreciate the support you guys have...
  10. jas0336

Irish Racing

:agree: this was the best meet and greet so far. I think I met more new riders than any other time. If anyone who enjoyed the BBQ pork and brisket is local, they can get another dose at the Cherokee Pignic in Canton this weekend. http://www.cherokeepignic.com/ The BBQ at Rd Atlanta was provided...
  11. jas0336

Rumored death at Atlanta

I was with Bryan on his first track day and I was with him on his last. We've pitted together every track day that we both attended since. He was at medic with me during my worst crash but I never thought I'd have to repay the favor like this. We truly lost a brother...we're all hurting and in...
  12. jas0336

Rd ATL Oct 7,8 9 meet and greet

sorry I've been away with crazy projects at work. I'm still talking to the crew, it looks like they'll be available. I had some of their pork and brisket at another event in Kennesaw GA last month and it was fantastic. Can't wait to see everyone....oh yeah and eat cowbow beans :)
  13. jas0336

Bike design opinions

I'm afraid they'd make me tape the reflectors to pass tech. I will safety wire a quarter to the upper though...prolly a 1973 though for my b-day
  14. jas0336

Public Apology to CR Todd Lewis

I'm not sure which is gayer....the song Shane posted or Jim asking them to kiss
  15. jas0336

Bike design opinions

Well if Shane says something will cause me to wreck, I guess I better believe it!! He should start naming his bikes Lazarus as many times as they're saved from death LOL