Recent content by jesse v

1. jesse v

Side fairing still scratched up...will I pass tech?

Your oil cap's safety wire is pulling the wrong way though.
  2. jesse v

Street tires and heat-cycling

Thanks everyone. This is a great forum. I hope to do an N2 track day some day, but alas, I live in Sioux Falls, SD.
  3. jesse v

Thanks Judy. That's exactly what my research is telling me.
  4. jesse v

Is there is any cause for concern regarding street tires on the track and heat cycling? I know race tires are (supposedly) done after very few heat cycles, but I'm not sure about street tires. Some "old guys" tell me they still deteriorate, but is that just their age talking? I'm currently...
  5. jesse v

Grips and Bar Ends?

If you dremel the nub off, you can prevent slippage by simply wrapping the area of your handlebar that is in contact with the throttle housing with 2 layers of electrical tape. It give the housing something to "grab".
  6. jesse v

Great Video

Cool video; thanks for sharing.
  7. jesse v

Boots and gloves

I have the Cortech Latigo gloves. Crashed in them twice and they protected me. I love the fleece liner. and the price.
  8. jesse v

Safety Wiring

I have the previous version of the Nutholer: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nutholer-Safety-Wire-Drill-Fixture-1-16-USA-Cobalt-Bit-For-Motorcycle-Bolts-/190905561773?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c72dbb2ad&vxp=mtr Works really well. Cobalt drill bits make it much easier.
  9. jesse v

SV650 Hotbodies, 2nd gen

Brand new, unopened, 2nd gen SV650 Hotbodies race bodywork. Complete kit: Upper, lower, tail, fender. I can open the box to take pics if anybody wants later this week. $550 shipped obo. Paypal please. --Jesse
  10. jesse v

Street tires on the track

First off... Sorry Vinny, I didn't mean to re-post my response to your comment (top of page 2). Thanks for this response. It's true about the SV1k's HP... About 108 I think. D211 GPA's aren't available in a 180 size. (I know, I know, 190 is possible... I don't want to start that debate.)...
  11. jesse v

Yes, I intend to do that my first time out during the 2014 season. I recently learned that there is a suspension guy at TrackAddix events (the TD org closest to me), so I'm going to hit him up. I was not under the misconception of having my suspension "dialed in". I was just making my...
  12. jesse v

I live in Sioux Falls. Sorry to hear about your ghastly childhood. :D
  13. jesse v

I've learned 2 big things in my tire research, both here an on other forums. 1. Street tires do not last longer than track tires. I don't know why I had this assumption. I guess I thought street tires were less grippy, and therefore lasted longer. 2. DOT/race tires do not require warmers...
  14. jesse v

Agreed. I recently learned there is a suspension guy at TrackAddix events, so I'll hit him up my first time out in 2014.