Recent content by jpj

1. J

Bluegrass Motorsports trackday?

Bluegrass was being financed through Lehman Brothers, so with the collapse of the stock market, so did the funding to finish the track. This ending going to court and a settlement has been reached. Things should begin to turn around at that facility, and hopefully in the future maybe wheels may...
  2. J

04/05 GSXR 600/750 Parts

I have several pics of everything. Just send me an e-mail to (jpjckj62@hotmail.com) I will forward some pics of whatever you're interested in.
  3. J

04/05 GSXR 600/750 Parts

Located on the Ohio river, small town of Gallipolis. Across the river from Pt. Pleasant,WV. North of Ashland, KY. about 40 miles
  4. J

04/05 GSXR 600/750 Parts

Sold my track bike and have to following parts for sale. I have pics of everything please send e-mail for more info to (jpjckj62@hotmail.com) or call (740)446-2130. All parts located in southeast Ohio. I will ship to the continous 48 states. Hotbodies race body fiberglass kit, no crash or rash...
  5. J

Video-Scott Russell riding an FZ1 at NJMP-Lightning Track

With the rear brake lights still operational, you can watch him trail brake into only the sharpest left and right turn on the track. Other than those two turns, it's brake markers, and setting his entry speed. Very good video for instructional use.
  6. J

Nelson Ledges

The past Nelson / Nesba events were not well attended. The track is in need of a repave, and that's not likely with the budget it operates on. Yes the track is in a good location, and would be seriously fast with a smooth racing surface. Lots of racing history there. Beaverun is just a few more...
  7. J

Bikes/Cars on the track at the same time

Great video, and some serious throttle control from the motorcyclist.
  8. J

No Putnam??? No SED's???

:agree: The loss of a trackday @ Putnam Park would be missed. NESBA weekends was always well attended, from my objective view of past events.
  9. J

Un-official off-season skills enhancement video thread

Something else to think about, our own physical fitness. I'm 48 yrs old now and find that during a trackday when I start getting tired or sore, my body position becomes poor. So during this holiday season, take the dog for a walk around the block. Drink a few less instead of a few to many. Watch...
  10. J

7x18 trailer too big for a 1500 truck?

Need brakes on the trailer for sure, and in good working condition. Before you worry about how much go, make sure you got enough whoa'. Slow and steady as she goes, you'll find that trailer will be loaded down with the extra room is has.
  11. J

How many Track Days do you ride in a season?

On average 3-6 trackdays a year. This year 3 days / 3 tracks, Mid-Ohio, Beaverun, Putnam Park.
  12. J

Silly Putty Oct. 16th and 17th?

I'm in for Sunday 17th.
  13. J

Putnam Accomodations - Reserve Early

If you're traveling from the east, Plainfield, IN . It's the next exit on I-70 past the Indy airport. Plenty of hotel rooms there and an easy 25-30 minute drive to Putnam. The Holiday Inn Express in Cloverdale was booked up two weeks ago. Super 8 had some rooms left @ full price. Your call.
  14. J

Show off your hardware...

No winner for sure, pain and rehab ahead. I have limited mobility in my left leg, and cannot run or jog. Something I used to do. Low impact stuff for working out, stairclimber, brisk walking. Bicycling was my best rehab, and also helped build my aerobic staminia. I was about two years out...
  15. J

Show off your hardware...

WOW, some damn nice pics & X-Ray film. I have a collection of film myself. Left tibia plateau fracture, from skiing, not motorcycling !! Hit about a 5-6 circumference pine tree when I found myself "blazing my own trail". 8 screws and a plate, 4 months off work. Nothing like "j fuggin t" .We...