Recent content by mark1200

1. mark1200

calipers?

i just do about 8 track days/ yr not racing. been at it for only about 5 yrs i ride a 2000 cbr6 and my 2pals rides the 05's. i get to do all the maintenance. we were just talking about an inexpensive upgrade , and started talking brakes. we dont have the budget for a full on true brembo system...
  2. mark1200

calipers?

u r probably right. i was hoping for a cheap upgrade. Thanks for the input.
  3. mark1200

brake specs

anyone know what size/diameter the pistons r in the master and cals of the 09 up cbr1's? how about the S1000rr
  4. mark1200

calipers?

i found the answer: Remove the spacer and u can run 09 cals on an 05 cbr with 310 rotors. Add the spacers and run 320 disks. Thanks
  5. mark1200

Headers Turning Red

maybe try running some carb cleaner through it. just pore it in the tank, it cleans while u ride. can't hurt
  6. mark1200

progressive or linear springs

seems to me that at the bottom of the stroke the progression is long gone. they r not usually progressive all the way trough the spring, just at 1 end, say about 1/3rd. the reason (to my understanding) is to give u a softer ride over the small bumps on the road. after the spring compresses past...
  7. mark1200

calipers?

i see where the confusion is now. this was the question i asked "if i put 08= cbr1 cals that use 320 rotors on an 05 with 310mm rotors. do i simply get some material milled off of the mounting area or can u change up spacers? " i didnt notice in your reply that u thought i was putting them...
  8. mark1200

calipers?

i'm scratching my head a bit here. it seems to me that using a large rotor caliper, on a smaller rotor bike, would require material to be removed rather than added? r the legs in the newer cals, shorter than the old cals? Thanks for your help on this guys.
  9. mark1200

calipers?

is that the 05 spacer size or something that must be made?
  10. mark1200

calipers?

if i put 08= cbr1 cals that use 320 rotors on an 05 with 310mm rotors. do i simply get some material milled off of the mounting area or can u change up spacers?
  11. mark1200

calipers?

i see that the BMW s1000rr says 3/4 on it. i assume this is the bore size. i thought all the dual cal bikes used a 5/8" bore. can anyone inform me about the dif.
  12. mark1200

calipers?

i have been reading sportbike reviews and paying attention to what the riders say about the oem brakes. the Hondas often come out near the top. lately it has been BMW. i did notice in some tests that some bikes oem brakes have more power and others, more feel. i was begining to think there was a...
  13. mark1200

calipers?

do u think there would be any noticable dif in a newr OEM brembo as aposed to a newr nisson or ,Tokico? i am asuming that the brembo's from a gsxr would be 108mm also?
  14. mark1200

calipers?

oh yes, i have that backwards dont i. Thanks.
  15. mark1200

calipers?

yes that is true for my old bike. what do u guys think r the cals i should be looking for in each category. say the 100mm to fit the 05cbr's and any size for the 2000? is there any particular cal that stands out on the oem's? or should i just be looking for the best deal on something newish? if...