Recent content by mdhokie

1. mdhokie

I need tips for the 1 thing I need to work on

Yes to all the things already said. My personal experience was that even knowing all the right things to do, I still had issues with leg fatigue and getting off the bike while in novice group. If you're going at street speeds through the corners, honestly it's awkward using the correct body...
  2. mdhokie

No Summit Point for WERA this year...

ASRA is still racing there this year, with race weekends on 5/25-27 and 6/15-16
  3. mdhokie

Has anyone seen Marty?

Last I talked to him, Marty had hung up the camera for now and was helping out as a WERA official. There's a new guy who's doing photos at Pitt though and he does good work
  4. mdhokie

NCBike: Hotel recommendations

I have stayed at the Red roof inn in Roanoke rapids (next exit down i-95) probably half a dozen times. Reasonable rates, clean room, no fuss. Like you said I'm only sleeping there.
  5. mdhokie

Methodologies to Start Racing

CCS/WERA racer here too. I think the advice you were given was good. Seat time is very important, and track days are the cheapest way to do that. There's no sense in mounting up slicks and riding over your head when you're still at Novice pace and you're going to finish in the back being lapped...
  6. mdhokie

PittRace "Red Flags" and the kink, questions?

As mentioned, we ran it without problems for the WERA weekend. The lack of major catastrophes doesn't mean I like the corner though; the entry is very tight and requires hard braking down to a crawl and isn't very flowing. If the entry could be widened a bit it would flow much better. I did...
  7. mdhokie

Rd Atl 7/1 -- who was on the BMW Twin?

R nine T, white leathers...Nate Kern? Google him, he's a well known BMW guy. He races MotoAmerica occasionally.
  8. mdhokie

back protector vs air bag system

I got the tech air race when I started racing. I hoped never to use it, but I just got it recharged a second time after the 4th deployment. In two crashes, the air bag deployed optimally and I walked away with nothing but bruises despite some flying and moderately hard impacts. The other two...
  9. mdhokie

Staying back in the seat.

Tank grip products also help you hang off without spending as much energy trying to hold yourself in place.
  10. mdhokie

Adjusting Suspension

Also you said you got your rear shock from MRP... Kenny at MRP comes to CCS and motoamerica races and helps out his customers. He's a good resource as well.
  11. mdhokie

Pitt Race 10-8-22

Yep heal up and see you next season! Hope you get a lot of good days next year to make up for the painful start this year.
  12. mdhokie

WTB: 2015+ R1 wheel set

Thanks to those who replied -- I finally did get my wheel set. I ordered a set off of facebook marketplace and it took 36 days from purchase before they showed up at my door! I had about given up on them.
  13. mdhokie

WTB: 2015+ R1 wheel set

Want to buy spare wheel set for 2015+ Yamaha R1, complete with rotors + spacers
  14. mdhokie

How many teams at the Pitt Race endurance round?

I heard there were a lot of entries. How many do we have? Is there going to be some cut-off for max number of teams?
  15. mdhokie

2019 Yamaha R1 $12,500

Location? And does it have title?