Recent content by Quantum_Ape

1. Quantum_Ape

question about engine not starting

Hey, at least thats all it is :) Could be much worse!
  2. Quantum_Ape

Lean-o-meter

Hmm is it warming up in here? J/K Never met the man but from his actions i am sure he is an awesome person. Also, one shot can't define a rider as a whole, for anyone. But thats why i was saying I'm surprised they used that photo. But who am i to judge? The man can probably lean off camber and...
  3. Quantum_Ape

Lean-o-meter

If i was up to handling a 1098R maybe i would want traction control myself :D As for me, I'm still mastering my little SV650s. Hardly the HP monster that bike is! The GPS track system would be cool. And your right, you wouldn't be able to compare turn for turn on lean angle. Heck I'd be more...
  4. Quantum_Ape

Lean-o-meter

Hey BigKid, i think you might have where i'm going with this wrong. No way would i ever really on a read out to tell me how far i have to go. These are the reasons i became interested in this. 1. Someone mentioned it couldn't be done and the geek in me piped up and said oh yeah? 2. Just like...
  5. Quantum_Ape

Changing clutch plates in an '03 zx6 636...

Just an FYI, I personally had a bad experience with motorcycle superstore. I personally would try parts@nesba.com to see whats available there. If not satisfied, bikebandit.com has been ok on and off. The rest I've dealt with are hit or miss on service and prices. Hope that helps
  6. Quantum_Ape

Marco Melandri confirms Kawasaki switch

Yeah, i heard from a friend of a friend of a sisters cozens uncles dog that there all totally going to move to WERA were all the cool fun is :D TOTALY reliable.... yup!
  7. Quantum_Ape

Another BLACK-EYE for our sport

Blaise, Your right. My little SV tops out at about 135, Damn! J/K JGardy, :agree: As for the public's perception, i went to a local church parking lot to prep a friend for a DMV test. We shortly had someone pull up complaining that they got a call about some "dirtbikes tearing up the assault"...
  8. Quantum_Ape

K6/K7 GSXR 600/750 w/PCIII Owners....

Glad to here you got your bike back! Mine was stolen too and luckily i too got mine back. Unfortunately i have been dealing with quirks ever since from the damage they did. :argh: :banghead: I think we need to legalize lethal anti-theft devices. Sit on my bike for fun will you? That tazer on...
  9. Quantum_Ape

Frame sliders made of aluminum vs. plastic

I don't know if such a thing exists, but i think it would be beneficial to have frame sliders with built in dampening. A spring or absorber, soft material to crush, or the like to help absorb a rough impact. The only downside i have seen to frame sliders is damage to the frame from a good...
  10. Quantum_Ape

Lean-o-meter

Yeah, i can suck the fun out of any conversation if i try hard enough :p :)
  11. Quantum_Ape

Lean-o-meter

Yeah, ok guys. We get that the knees will do the job, thats been established. There are plenty of other reasons to want to play with a data system aside from the fact its just cool. Not to mention the body acclimates every sensory input it receives and is a terrible judge when it comes to...
  12. Quantum_Ape

Lean-o-meter

There's an easy equation to figure out what cruiser is most true to its style. If you can look at the engine and part your hair, your probably good. You also need to effectively turn ANY power that you might have produced directly into sound. And for the leet cruiser class, you need to be able...
  13. Quantum_Ape

Lean-o-meter

The program looked pretty cool. It's gps based so all your getting is acceleration and deceleration averages. The rest is calculated on the GPS points and placed on a graph to overlay the map. Great tool for viewing overall progression. GPS however has too large an error margin to tell you...
  14. Quantum_Ape

what the...

Drew, I'm happy your doing good after you went down. I saw the picture and though for sure the vid would show it ending badly. Very happy it didn't! Also I've been watching this thread and thought for sure it was going to turn into one big argument. I have to say I'm pretty impressed by how...
  15. Quantum_Ape

Harbor Freight trailers

I have a HF tailor. Used it for the last 7 years with no problems. In fact, it was one of the best tailors i have used. I did upgrade the bolts and use lock nuts instead of the lock washers they come with so they didn't need to be re-torqued later. I put rails up on mine at one point and hauled...