Recent content by r6 junkie

1. R

RA "I" 3/26 wanted

I posted in the other section, looks like I should have put it here instead. Oops. If you have the day or both days for sale I'm your guy...
  2. R

Would like to buy RA "I" for 3/26

Just found out I can get off work... If you have the day or days for sale I'll take'em.
  3. R

Fs tecknic chicane 1 piece racing leather suit size 42

ITEM HAS SOLD. BTW, Teknic's size chart is right on from what I have seen.
  4. R

Fs tecknic chicane 1 piece racing leather suit size 42

ITEM HAS SOLD See listing here at craigslist: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/1235089833.html ALMOST LIKE NEW - Only worn a couple of times! Suit is in great shape (never down) and does not have a smell. Knee-pucks not included. *MANUFACTUR'S DESCRIPTION* Racer cut, anatomical...
  5. R

know of a good place for fork repair around NC?

Yep, call around to a few Racetch locations. I got mine back good as new.
  6. R

UPDATE I did have a leak between the inner tube and the axle mount, not the fork seals. Yamaha axle mounts (fork boot as some call it) are secured with a set screw that is peened (screwed in then flared out) in place to prevent it from comming apart. After calling around to some of the shops...
  7. R

thanks guys, will be calling around today.
  8. R

I have an 05 R6 with an odd fork leak (between inner tube and axle mount) and need a good repair shop. References please. Thanks
  9. R

FS: CMP 9/6 Discounted I Group

A friend of the family has passed inexpediently and I will not be able to make the track day. I will discount the day. Send me a PM if interested.
  10. R

Cmp ???

Chola, I am headed down from Charlotte as well, and will be there both days. I would be interested in splitting a garage. Are you going to be there for both days? When were you going down? PM sent.
  11. R

Can you recommend some brake upgrade for my 636?

I also suggest you stay away from "Race" braided lines, the normal braided lines are great and you don't have to worry about brake drag when everything heats up.
  12. R

Derek VIR?

Over the course of a week we exchanged several emails; I just bought some stuff yesterday as well. Although he stays pretty busy (don't we all) if you didn't have a long list of items you may want to follow up.
  13. R

Brake Pad Thickness

BarryD I hear ya, I had already decided mine were done. Even though they have 50% material left I know you can't run them all the way down. Anybody know what brand Derek sells and what the characteristics are? I tried Ferrodo before and thew them away and went back to stock.
  14. R

Brake Pad Thickness

thanks, as suspected they have 50% left on them.
  15. R

Brake Pad Thickness

Can someone tell me how thick the material is on a NEW brake pad (although I have an R6 they should all be relatively the same). I am trying to figure out how worn my pads are compared to new. I have .085 to .09 on my pads, I am guesstimating they are about 50-60% worn. Also, when do you...