Recent content by sekelaam

1. S

Another Body Position Thread

During the SED last month this is what a few CRs said. I don't quite understand why you would transition. If pushing the bike away from you to stand it up on the fat part of the tire works to drive out of the corner, why not do it through the whole corner?
  2. S

So you're saying its a mix of the 3rd and 4th pic? Moving the CoG down a bit from #3? I can accept that, though its difficult for me to do correctly.
  3. S

To follow up RedRdr's thread below without thread-jacking it... Can anyone explain the advantage of getting off and low to "kiss the mirror" vs getting off and sitting more upright? I tend to get myself low as a reflex but then I found this pic which indicates staying upright gets your...
  4. S

What a Week

Jesus, I thought I used to drink a lot. After 4 beers I usually call it quits because I know the next day will be rotten. Man I would have loved to hang out with you a couple years ago. And to get technical, I think an impulse response is a better model of Alcohol feelings vs. drinks...
  5. S

Another Putnam SED question

How much extra extra gas should one bring? Twice as much as normal, three times? that looks like a lot of track time.
  6. S

What a Week

They sell breathalizers to the public for less than $100. Probably worth it if you tend to drink strong beer or cocktails that can take you from sober to too drunk to know better in under 30 minutes. The problem with alcohol is that it destroys your ability to realize how drunk you are.
  7. S

bodywork repair?

Shouldn't be a problem. The trick here is that you are more than patching holes, you have to make those mount points work again. You need to apply new glass cloth and resin an inch or two around each hole and make sure it bonds to the underlying glass. Sand down the area around the holes...
  8. S

bodywork repair?

an extra $0.02: I recommend a filtering mask or something from home depot. My personal experience has been killer head-aches after working with resin, open area or not. I'm not sure if its the fumes or glass fibers but wearing that protection eliminated the head aches. To smoothen the outer...
  9. S

R6 MC size?

Jay, Do your calipers have single sided pistons? Even though the bore is the same the single sided floating calipers (like what I have on my SV and what may be giving me the same problem) need more stroke than the radial provides. I did some homework and it looks like the 04-05 gixxer 600/750...
  10. S

Swiching to radial MC - lever softness

Are all radial MCs a bit softer than the standards? I did a similar mod to my R6 and the lever was definitely softer than with the OEM MC just not where I could touch it to the bar at all (thats why I'm wondering if its a function of the bore/stroke coupled with this caliper). I guess I'll...
  11. S

Thanks, I will try rapping it with a mallet, though this MC has a bleeder nipple at the MC. My problem is I can't find the borexstroke of the stock unit or the one I'm using online. I may just call brembo to see what they recommend. I feel guilty doing that since I have no intention of...
  12. S

2002 SV650 Chain help.

Looks like its a 520 width chain http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=80590344A&utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=cse Chain is 110 links IIRC but that may depend on how many teeth up or down you went and where you want the rear wheel. I replaced mine recently and...
  13. S

I recently put a late model gixxer600 radial MC on my SV650 using the stock SV calipers. I love the feel but if I squeeze the lever hard I can make it almost touch the handle bar. Though a lite squeeze will stop the bike I'm concerned that: a) might not pass tech b) the bore is too small to...
  14. S

Anybody ever lease commercial space for racing/trackday use?

I want to hang out with you (in a totally non-gay way).