Recent content by swamp

1. swamp

WERA members in ALABAMA?

Does anyone know if I need to wire the header bolts on a Daytona 675 for WERA tech?
  2. swamp

Custom Motorcycle Paint + Race Bodywork

Do you have any pictures of helmets that you have done?
  3. swamp

You guys have to read this

Cyclerant, DJ is just jealouse because you got hold of it before he could. This might be the perfect dirt-tracker. Sideways into a corner sporting trailer tires and a blinding oil smoke cloud of panic and doom. This thing would be rockin' the #1 plate in no time!
  4. swamp

Hell yea! " It runs like a champ but does smoke alot especially if you are hard on the gas. Uses about a quart of oil for each gas fillup. I usually just put the oil directly in the gas as it is going to burn it anyway and that way it is easy"
  5. swamp

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/atl/917410616.html
  6. swamp

does anyone use this gizmo?

damn thats an expensive piece of plastic! seems llike another one of those ..."do i have it tuned right??" gizmos. its awesome your wife gave that to you though. congrats
  7. swamp

WERA members in ALABAMA?

Tom, Awesome! we should pit together. Im planning on doing the same races as you but Ill be riding the Triumph 675. C superstock in the sprints on Sunday and doing the Solo events on Saturday. Ive been busting my ass on this safety wiring shinanigans for the past 2 weeks, I only have 3 bolts...
  8. swamp

5x8 Enclosed Trailer Advice

.. or you could ride the bike to the track
  9. swamp

My New Years resolution

OH YEA! can I come visit your garage ! What is that "cafe" lookin bike you have there?
  10. swamp

Does supension determine...?

Ive had the baseline (front and rear sag) setup done. How do I find someone to fine tune the rebound and compression dampers? Does NESBA have suspension tuners at their track days sometimes or is that STT?
  11. swamp

Kawasaki Quits MotoGP

Wow cool check this one out on SPEED. Rossi will ride the 2nd WSB race of 2009 and Troy Baylis is coming out of retirement to meet him there!! http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/wsbk-bayliss-accepts-rossi-challenge-for-the-duel-in-the-desert/
  12. swamp

WERA members in ALABAMA?

I was looking through the service manual tonight. I didnt find anything labeled "gallery plug" but I did locate a big bolt near the oil filter that may be it. .. and it definately looks like a mo'fo to wire. Its got less of an area to drill than the friggin front axle! did you drill it with...
  13. swamp

Does supension determine...?

I agree with you. The rider handles the bike. Its just that the factories put these damn adjusters on the bikes and we as men want to fiddle with them hoping that they will make us faster or correct our riding. .. Unfortunately Im not smart enough to know how to use them properly. Maybe in the...
  14. swamp

wera racers ? need advice and help

buy a vice and a drill press and safety wire pliers
  15. swamp

Kawasaki Quits MotoGP

I have not read the articles yet but wow. I cant believe this. ... however it would be cool to see Hopkins in WSB ! I think I read somewhere that Hayden is going to be on the Ducati next season. any of you read the same? ooo ok I just read the SPEED article: It also states that Honda almost...