Recent content by Terminex

1. T

FAQ: Q2s

I have been running them at an "A" pace all year on a 2008 CBR1000RR. the only issue I have run into is that when it was REALLY hot (100 & higher) after about 5 laps I noticed more spin / slip at full lean when I was getting on the gas coming out of slower turns. For the pace I was running I...
  2. T

Taller riders and your rearsets......

+1 the reason I installed a jack up kit in rear of my bike was to give more peg ground clearance. What Landshark said is absolutely true. I was grinding my toe sliders like crazy at the end of last season. Installing the jack up kit raised the seat about an inch, meaning I could then raise...
  3. T

Taller riders and your rearsets......

+1 on the bike The bike makes a huge difference as the peg locations seem to change from one bike to the next. I'm 6'5" on my 08 CBR1000RR I needed to move the pegs as far back as possible, and up a couple. on my 09 Ducati 1198 I simply needed to move them up a little, as they are already...
  4. T

FAQ: Q2s

Good question. I am curious as well. I got 6 full days out of the rear. I am going to retire it to one of my street bikes as the center tread is still pristine. The front still looks great.
  5. T

Tire Mounting Starter Kit

Cycle hill I have the Cycle Hill setup. I am almost as fast with it as I was using the power changer at the shop. the Cycle Hill setup Rocks for a home / race trailer changer.
  6. T

Coned rotors after only 3k track miles?

worn pads Another issue that can cause this and other problems is worn pads. I know, pads with little material on them, seems counter intuitive on the problem, but....... A common issue is piston retraction problems. when pads get worn, the pistons are coming WAAAAAY out of the caliper to...
  7. T

Q2 rear tire movement and suspension

I think this may be another area where we agree for the most part. I do not think minor PSI changes will have a major impact. Now, to clarify this I DO think that a change of 3 or 4 PSI will have a noticable impact on the feel. Last item, is that while I agree a 1 - 2 PSI change might be...
  8. T

I think we are in somewhat violent agreement on the majority of this:-) where I think we differ is your order of things to address. I would address the tires first as it is the easiest of all to resolve. next I would ensure that the bike is properly sorted out. Finally i would adjust the...
  9. T

I'm going to have to disagree here. Poor setup on a bike is going to give ANYONE trouble. A better rider will be able to overcome this to some degree, but they will not feel comfortable to push to their limit. If you were running 30 COLD in the rear, I think your pressure was too high. On...
  10. T

+1 on hot temp. I am finding that for the Q2's on the track 28 - 29 HOT works best for me in the rear. (tire of course you perverts)
  11. T

Ceramic pucks

The ones I was considering were the Teknic, Joe Rocket, and Sidi. I was also considering the Klucky Pucks even though they are not ceramic as everyone raves about them. not familiar with the chicken hawk pucks, just their warmers. (if my assumption that it is the same brand is correct)
  12. T

Ceramic pucks

Anyone using Ceramic pucks? I need to replace my pucks, but wanted something that lasts. Thanks
  13. T

Wheel chocks. Opinions

Damn good idea. That is similar to what I did for my No-Mar tire changer at the beginning of this year.
  14. T

Wheel chocks. Opinions

True, i have seen people do that as well, the other problem with the pitbull is that you have to hold up the bar connected to the bike when you are loading and unloading. I have helped friends at the track with their pitbulls many times. With the strapless you have a pin in the axle and don,t...
  15. T

Wheel chocks. Opinions

Before you get a pitbull, check out the strapless stands. They do not take up nearly as much space as the pitbull, and are just as secure.