Search results

1. bibmen

Rain Tires.....

If you have questions about Michelin rains or need some give me a shout.
  2. bibmen

Michelin Power cup DOT race tires

Need more information, give me a call. 409-771-3950 David
  3. bibmen

Michelin Tire info from NOLA

Nola Danny called me a told me I forgot to say that he won 3 and got a 2nd in his races. My Bad :)
  4. bibmen

Michelin Tire info from NOLA

This past weekend at the WERA National at NOLA we used soft fronts and Medium rears for the races. At a 1:45-1:46 pace we ran the sets for 2 races and then for practice. You can see photos of the tires at http://www.facebook.com/Islandracingservices that were run on Danny Kelseys GSXR-750 along...
  5. bibmen

What tires are sold at NESBA Track Days now?

Bob Blandford has Michelins in stock and can set you up. Give me a shout or PM me with any questions
  6. bibmen

Tire condition

I am with Borislav on this one.
  7. bibmen

Any time. I try to watch the boards but there are just so many of them. If I do not answer a question within a few hours someone send me an email :) David
  8. bibmen

There were some prototype tires, very few, that said Power Cup on them. The new slicks say "Power Slick" on them not "Power Cup" They will be designated with a letter after the word "Slick" on the side wall. If you have something else that you need identified there will be white numbers on the...
  9. bibmen

With a new bike you will basically be starting from 0 so go ahead and change to slicks if you want. Depending on the generation of Dunlops on the bike the Dunlop front slicks vary from 603 to 606mm and the rears from 656 - 657mm in diameter. The Michelin Power Slick front is 606mm while the...
  10. bibmen

With Michelin there are many differences. Width, diameter ( center and edge ) Casing construction and compounds. They have little in common. They require suspension adjustments both in ride height, spring, compression and damping. What tires are you using now and I can give you some comparison...
  11. bibmen

Tread depth for tech spec

Your front started life with 4mm and the rear with 9mm of tread depth.
  12. bibmen

By the way the tread depth on a new Road 2 depends on the size on the rear, what size is your tire?
  13. bibmen

It has been awhile since I have seen a Road 2 as I do not stock them. Take a look down in the sipes, there may be depth indicators. If they are there they are at 50%. Also if this is your commuter bike as well there may be flat spots which can cause issues in transitions on the track by reducing...
  14. bibmen

2009 r1

I have one, great bike!
  15. bibmen

Greg, yes the Power Cup rears are lighter than the Power Ones. David
  16. bibmen

Michelins at NESBA trackdays

A few minutes ago I was asked to let y'all know a little about me. I started racing back in the late 70s back before there were tire vendors at every corner of the race track. I started with Michelin after a few years racing. After about 15 years of racing I began to just do the tires, there was...
  17. bibmen

The slicks and DOTs are all new. They have new casings and rubber mixes. The Power One A and Power Cup A retain the same shape with slight changes to the belt angle with new rubbers. The Power One V has been replaced by 2 tires The Power Cup VA and VB. They retain the shape of the V that is very...
  18. bibmen

Give me a few minutes, this will be long.
  19. bibmen

Michelins at NESBA trackdays

As many of you have discovered there are now Michelins available at the NESBA events. It varies as to where you are so check ahead with Bob or your local service provider. If you have questions about them please let me know. I try to check all of the forms but I miss stuff. Please contact me at...
  20. bibmen

I just saw your post., sorry. What would you like to know about them?