Search results

1. kawboy

2012 ZX10-r - Virginia

Looking to buy a new house so the bike needs to go. As the title says: 2012, Red, approximately 5,000 miles. Mostly street miles. I have done a few (3 I think) track days/school days. Never dropped or crashed. (I'm an old guy and never tried to get out of 'B' group). Extras: Leo Vince mid pipe...
  2. kawboy

Calling all NESBA Members!!!

I only speak for myself here, but I would rather pay another $10 or $25 or even $50 than have the Monday track day cancelled. I've already scheduled the day off work, so cancellation means I have wasted a vacation day. And I want to know before Sunday afternoon whether to put the track plastic...
  3. kawboy

Hello from The Plains VA

I'm signed up for the 23rd, as well. This will be my 2nd track day with NESBA and first I've been on a track since spring. From your username I'm guessing you ride a ZX10-R? I'll be on a red 4th gen model, number 52. Stuff to bring - shade, water, fruit/snacks, something to sit on between...
  4. kawboy

CSS at VIR?

I didn't get online while at VIR so I didn't see this until I got home. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you. I had a great two days though. It was definitely a confidence builder.
  5. kawboy

CSS at VIR?

Anyone attending California Superbike School at VIR May 13 or 14? If so, I'll be on a red/black kawasaki. It would be great to meet some members.
  6. kawboy

Anybody done BSR Accident Avoidance or Other?

It's not exactly mid-Atlantic, but my wife and I did 2 days of "Car Control" school at the BMW factory in Greeneville, SC a couple of years ago. As described above, you do time on the skid pad, autocross course, plus lots of lane change, braking, and cornering drills. We both had a blast and...
  7. kawboy

Roll Call Summit Main, April 15th

April 15th will be my first track day with NESBA. I'm already feeling some nerves... I've only ridden Summit Main one time and have made some changes to the bike over the winter - all untested so far. I'll be in B group on a red/black Kawasaki. I'm looking forward to meeting some NESBA...
  8. kawboy

Summit Point calendar question

Anyone know why the Calendar on Summit's web site shows no NESBA dates? There are other motorcycle track dates posted, but I don't see NESBA anywhere. I signed up for the 15th for my first NESBA track day ever. Is that date confirmed?
  9. kawboy

Newbie in VA

I live just south of Front Royal. I've done several track days at Summit on the Shenandoah circuit and one on Summit Main, and have done California Superbike School at VIR North course. I see that you're in Winchester. I'd like to find a good shop that can help me with tuning, safety wiring...
  10. kawboy

Newbie in VA

I joined NESBA and the forums yesterday after lurking here for awhile. I've run into a few NESBA members at other track days and decided it was time to sign up. I'll be looking forward to meeting some of you in person next spring.