Search results

1. PARedVFRRider

dot to make wheelies legal by 2009

I assume we can do stoppies as well? and if we are riding a light bike bunny hops are also now legal! LOL. What about facing backwards while riding forward? Hey my bike has a reverse gear and two wheel drive, can I do wheelies in reverse and still be ok with the law?
  2. PARedVFRRider

Setback

Barry, Rest up and get well soon. I still remember you leading me out on that very first NESBA track day in the B Group. I think you were B Captain that day. Get back soon!
  3. PARedVFRRider

How much time to get back into pace after injure …

I must agree with Folly1 with his advice above. The speed will come back in time there is no rush as we are not in a race out there. We are out there to enjoy ourselves. So push it till you feel comfortable work on you position and lines and over time the speed will just return. I went...
  4. PARedVFRRider

Parking Lot Training Courses

I also would place my vote for a Lee Parks skills course or simply getting his book and going to a big parking lot and practicing on your own. Which is what I did. I did about 4 to 6 hours of parking lot practice before my first Nesba track day and while you can no where come near the...
  5. PARedVFRRider

Track Newbie from Southeastern PA

When I did my first NESBA session at Summit Main last year in June, I was signed up for Intro on Saturday. When I signed up I initially only signed up for the intro session since I wasn't sure I'd like it. Later after a track day with another group, i joined NESBA and I tried to get into B...
  6. PARedVFRRider

Spies laying it down, down under!!

WSBK is awesome. I still like watching MotoGP but the WSBK format is much better. I only wish we could see both races 1 and 2 on Sunday. Waiting till Tuesday for race 2 is difficult. I ended up hearing that Spies won race two before I watched it. And you guys have to see that...
  7. PARedVFRRider

round 1 of world sbk/tell everyone what u thought

I DVRed the Supersport race and it was outrages. the way the top 10 to 13 bikes were all bunched up in the first 15 laps or so was awesome. Passes were being made in corners and guys were moving up 4 spaces and back 4 or 5. I don't know how here wasn't an incident. Pretty awesome race.
  8. PARedVFRRider

How does BeaveRun compare to JC Pocono-E?

Beaver is awesome, probably my third favorite track. Did a Skills day there last year and it was awesome. Number 2 on my favorite list is Lightning at NJMP and Thunderbolt is probalby 4. I like Lightning due to that big cambered arcing turn on the back. and the elevation changes in...
  9. PARedVFRRider

Jennings GP 24 - 26

Welll I wish you the best with the weather. Two4one and I were down there last weekend. It was in the single digits all the way down into Georgia on Thursday night. Friday was a bit chilly as well. Saturday morning it was 32 at Jennings at 7am, but did manage to warm up pretty well on...
  10. PARedVFRRider

njmp configurations

Well I've run it both ways, the first time Nesba was there in August and again on November 1st. I love the track both ways, but I prefer the second chicane being in there. It makes for a slightly more technical front side of the track. With that said, I did get a little thottle happy...
  11. PARedVFRRider

Who's got the best spouse?

Heck, I thought I had a chance and was going to post about my wife until I read Brian's post above. My wife let me got to Deals Gap for a week this year, she also lets' me ride my VFR most weekends with my riding buds, she let me do 8 track days in 2008. I'm heading to Jennings on January...
  12. PARedVFRRider

What did Santa Bring ya?

My wife hooked me up with a trip out to Laguna Seca for a track day on May 20th. She arranged it with one of my riding buds, a Nesba Member Two4one. He's heading out there as well with at least one of our other pals, also a Nesba rider. It should be a rocking trip. I'm looking forward to...
  13. PARedVFRRider

08' highlites

I was introduced to Trackdays back in May of this year with a group called Motorcycle Xcitement Days. I had bought my 2005 VFR the October before and had put 10k miles on it throughout the winter here in PA. I was bit with the riding bug. That first track day wth MXD was intersting to say...
  14. PARedVFRRider

risks and family

I had my first track crash a few weeks ago. This is after a early July accident from my son on the street where he nearly died. While I didn't ride for 2 weeks after that. I clearly told my family that I was going to. My son even rode the 600rr for the first time at NJMP in the pits...
  15. PARedVFRRider

NJMP Saturday - I group - 2 Videos Links

Anyone have anymore videos of Saturday 11/1, especially the morning sessions?
  16. PARedVFRRider

Jennings in January

I'm heading down there for the 17th and 18th weekend with Absolute Cycle. I'm heading down with Two4one and another friend and Nesba member who doesn't post here so much.
  17. PARedVFRRider

NJMP Thunderbolt: Most Unforgiving Track???

I saw a lot of red flags whenI was at Thunderbolt back in August. I think the day I was there was NESBA's first day on Thunderbolt. I put the red flags that day up to inexperience on the track for all of the riders. I think only two guys in all 3 classes had ridden the track previously...
  18. PARedVFRRider

RIP Todd Chapman

This is oh so very sad. In some ways with my 5 boys and my family it makes me second guess my reasons for riding.
  19. PARedVFRRider

my first track day at NJMP

BoyR1 and SV650RaceKid, Congratulations on getting the opportunity to enjoy track day together. That will be very cool. My oldest son is thinking of joining me next summer. I'm hoping he decides to stick it out. Be careful out there though!
  20. PARedVFRRider

WHO is going to NJMP on sat/sun the 1st and 2nd (11-1,2) ...

Well Bubba, Two4one and I will be there for sure on Saturday but our VFRs will be tucked away in our garages keeping warm. I'll be bringing my 600rr and two4 will be on his SV650. But we'll be there. Look for a Silver MDX towing a Silver Worthington flatbed ATV trailer. My 600 is painted...