Search results

1. Cecil

Will this tire pass tech?

I get the Q3's pretty cheap, and I'd be almost OK with getting even 2 days out of them. Warmers reduce heat cycles but this is straight up wear, I doubt warmers would have much effect, and I don't feel like making the $1200 investment in a generator and warmers. The payback seems pretty far...
  2. Cecil

Thanks for the tips everyone. Have any particular tire in mind that will hold up better? 6 sessions to slaughter one tire seems a bit quick. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  3. Cecil

See the attached photo, this is a Dunlop Q3 rear tire after a single track day (7/6) at NJMP Thunderbolt. I ride in advanced on an R1. Pressures were set at 30/29 cold front/rear, and max temps in hottest parts after coming off the track never exceeded 165-170F. It was brand-spanking new with...
  4. Cecil

New old member from West Chester, PA

Thanks! I'm normally at Valley Forge, but it's been closed this year so I haven't taught much. Sometimes at Cheyney or Bartram Ave too.
  5. Cecil

Tires for a one-day track event

No they look great, not squared off at all. Come to think of it I think my last track day was on Pilot Road 2's.
  6. Cecil

Tires for a one-day track event

Hello, looking to get back out on the track after a couple years off and a couple more slow years before that. I have an '07 R1 and I ride in the A group (probably slowest guy in A at the moment). The bike currently has Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires on it, in pretty good shape, maybe 3,000...
  7. Cecil

New old member from West Chester, PA

Hello everyone! Just registered on the N2 forums, I had an old NESBA one but I guess that's gone. I rode with NESBA starting about 12 years ago I guess, and was pretty active for many years but it's dwindled down to a track day every year or two recently. I'm now an MSF instructor and I have...