Search results

1. N

Hitting the apex , narrated by Brad Pitt

It is an interesting movie. I like to see the changes in riding style and bike performance since when Rossi started to now. Also, some of the slow motion "drifting" and braking to where the rear tire is dancing off the pavement is super impressive the skills that these guys have. Watching this...
  2. N

Old cheap bike for track

Probably gonna stay with the Buell for at least the rest of this year and pick up frame and axle sliders that will help me feel a little better about running it on the track. Been watching classifieds for a used gsxr, cbr, or r6. The r6 seems to be the hot ticket that most everyone prefers. I...
  3. N

Old cheap bike for track

I'm in mississippi. Sport bikes wasteland. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. N

Old cheap bike for track

So my only track day ever at little tally was loads of fun on my buell xb9r and the bike handles well enough for my skill level and was adequate power for that track....but... I am really concerned about low siding it because that bike would not handle it so well with that crazy fuel in the...
  5. N

Barber in November

I hope to make Barber for my second ever track day. I would like to find someone from south/central Mississippi or maybe from Louisiana that I can pair up with for travel as a responsible buddy in case anything bad happens at the track. Does anyone know of someone from or passing through my...
  6. N

Little Talley in August

The pictures on highside's website are pretty good for analyzing technique. I have some stuff to work on for sure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. N

Body position break through

I really thought that I must be too old and inflexible and out of shape to get the correct position. Almost signed up for yoga classes! It was really frustrating and all afternoon I was going a little slower just trying to work on technique before I ramp speed up. Anxious to get back out soon...
  8. N

Body position break through

I was just watching some excellent short videos on Yamaha champions school YouTube channel and found what I was doing wrong that was hindering my getting off the bike and knee out the way it should be. Pretty simple, really. I was putting the ball of my foot up on the peg, but keeping my foot...
  9. N

Highside Potential

Note that skill cannot be zero. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. N

Tally 15-16 Aug

I think my first track day left residual brain defect. I find myself envisioning the turns at tally everywhere I walked around today, even holding imaginary handlebars on occasion. I might be hooked. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. N

Tally 15-16 Aug

Being from New Hampshire I'm actually a patriots fan in disguise as a saints fan to blend in with my south mississippi surroundings where I live. Me and my blue Buell don't exactly fit into the good ole boy culture, so I have to play the part with something. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. N

Tally 15-16 Aug

Had a great time for my first ever track day, even if my NO saints shirt got picked on during the riders meeting. Can't wait to do it again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. N

First track day at Tally on 8/15

Thank you to the southeast N2 staff, helpers, and CRs for a wonderful experience on Saturday for my first time ever on a track and made a comfortable environment for me and my family. I really feel like I chose the right group to join up with. The CRs were awesome to trail to help learn the...
  14. N

Is it safe to bring a youth?

It looks like I've convinced my wife to make the drive over, so she and my son will be there this time. The scenario of something possibly happening on the track and leaving him without a guardian didn't sit well with me or her. The caveat is that I need to rent a room instead of staying over...
  15. N

Tally 15-16 Aug

I'm anxious for next weekend! Installed a new front tire because I'm sure the old one would not have passed tech. Taped over my wheel weights. Probably gonna ride to work for the first half of the week before removing the mirrors and disconnecting and taping over lights. Sent from my iPhone...
  16. N

Yeah, Les, that thought has crossed my mind. It would be problematic to be 4hrs from home and have an incident that might keep me from driving myself and stuff back home. I'm gonna try to convince the family to take a road trip to spectate. Might have to entice the ladies by reminding them about...
  17. N

I've been riding forever but never done a track day before, planning to be at talley on 8/15, tent camping overnight Friday. Having never been I'm not sure the environment to expect. By the forum chatter it seems that N2 attracts good members. My 13 yr old son wants to go with me and I want...
  18. N

mom

Thanks for sharing this Steve! My mom died too young from cancer a few years ago. She was scared of motorcycles also and always wanted me stop riding. I have her ashes at the house. I don't believe that I will take her for a ride for fear that she will kick my butt when I see her again on the...
  19. N

Newbie street bike track prep questions

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I appreciate your time to help me out. Is there anything to selecting a number, in terms of is it okay to show up with the same number as someone else? I assume that since this is not racing that it doesn't have a lot of importance, at least not at novice...
  20. N

Newbie street bike track prep questions

1 - what are some ways that y'all do temporary numbers on the front & tail that can be easily removed after track day is over? 2 - would spraying plastidip on headlight work better than tape and then peel off after? 3 - has anyone heard of taping over the speedo? One site recommended doing that...