Search results

1. C

The MotoGP Thread

Wonder if that factored into Fabio's decision.
  2. C

The MotoGP Thread

What a race!!! Wont spoil it but def watch it ASAP!
  3. C

The MotoGP Thread

I dont like the 850cc thing. I think they are also moving to a spec fuel. Combine that with a mass flow limit and there is your power cap. Hell they can even get rid of all the other engine constraints as a result. If Ducati wants to run a 1.5L L twin, go for it. The tire thing is interesting...
  4. C

The MotoGP Thread

He's only 24, and he bagged a WC on a shitty bike at 22. Money was def a factor, but as Marc showed even money is not enough for a WC to languish on an uncompetitive POS. So I think Yamaha convinced him they have a path back to competitiveness. Combine that with him being the undisputed big fish...
  5. C

The MotoGP Thread

Aprilia's far from perfect. And Fabio would go from the big fi$h at Yamaha to just another rider at Aprilia. Especially if Jorge Martin moves over. Might as well sit tight, get paid, stay fit and work towards the 2027 regulation changes.
  6. C

The Orange Octopus Can't Be Stopped

This is actually really cool. MV needs exactly what KTM brings to the table, and since KTM doesn't wanna make some proper sport bikes for the road, it also compliments KTM's lineup.
  7. C

The MotoGP Thread

Been posting this everywhere; a nice palate cleanser from the apocalyptic predictions in various corners of the MotoGP web: https://motomatters.com/analysis/2024/04/01/examining_liberty_media_s_takeover_of.html My simple take is Dorna is great at managing MotoGP but weak at growing its...
  8. C

I need tips for the 1 thing I need to work on

I have been practicing with the bike on stands so I have a sense of how things feel. But yea hopefully I can learn a lot next time I go. Thanks for the words of encouragement!
  9. C

I did! I got the link to my purchases photos. See, no watermark! Look at that awful BP. @bmart thanks, that is all super helpful. I think a big part of it is thousands of miles of muscle memory from riding on the road. I will put a plan together and execute. And I will def reach out to...
  10. C

My body position is awful (see attached) Anyways, I am going for a full weekend in April.... 3 things I need to work on: Tucking in Gripping the tank with my knees Avoiding "duck feet" I had to quit this TD early as my legs were fried from trying to squeeze the rearsets with my feet. It was...
  11. C

The MotoGP Thread

Speaking of watching from home, who is local to Charlotte? I've been looking for other people to watch with. For some reason I get into hobbies that absolutely nobody else is into (does anyone here like jazz lmao)
  12. C

The MotoGP Thread

I think the paddocks have to be better than those self-serve car wash deals too. Along with a media center and all that for broadcasting. This is where that new Liberty Media deal could come in. I think Willow Springs could easily get all those upgrades.
  13. C

The MotoGP Thread

My pick would be Willow Springs if they can sort out the runoff situation. America's own Philip Island. Runner up would be Road Atlanta
  14. C

The MotoGP Thread

F1 & MotoGP share the same issue around the racing- the vehicle specs are not great. I don't think that's an ownership issue. Plus MotoGP has already committed to a new and hopefully better + simpler spec for 2027 (???) so that is headed in the right direction regardless of who owns it. On the...
  15. C

The MotoGP Thread

Fabio and Mav pairing back up at Aprilia seems probable, and would be hilarious. But a more likely outcome is Fabio + Jorge Martin. I have a feeling that things won't be too crazy outside of that. Pedro will probably take Jack's seat, Marc will get a factory seat at Ducati, or if there is a...
  16. C

The MotoGP Thread

I was really pleased with his post race briefing. He got absolutely reamed for how he left Yamaha. Maybe 30% of that was justified. But it looks like he has grown up a lot, which I imagine translates to his riding. There's still some old Mav left though- I chuckled when he said the win was a...
  17. C

The MotoGP Thread

I miss Dylan Gray, though I don't mind the current commentators as much. Simon Crafar is awesome. This is my first season watching WSBK and it's very interesting to compare and contrast the two series. Too many great storylines and riders to not watch both. Regarding Mav's leg dangle it seems...
  18. C

Hotel for CMP weekend?

I have never camped before so I'm not keen to try this time. Maybe for future trips. Problem for me is my house is about an hour and a half away which is not too bad, but still like 6-7 hours of extra driving if I go home every night, plus having to get up at the ass crack of dawn to drive...
  19. C

Hotel for CMP weekend?

I'm looking to do a full weekend at CMP and am trying to figure out the logistics. 1, hotels... looks like there's an Executive Inn right in Kershaw. 3 stars on Google lmao. How is it? I just need something clean and quiet. 2, I'm gonna trailer my bike down and probably get a garage spot...
  20. C

CMP 10/14-10/15

Weather worked out perfectly!