Search results

1. R

track day bike rental

Thanks. Also, I pretty much only go to PittRace (maybe Nelsons). I received a DM asking, so figured I'd post here.
  2. R

demo track day registration/invite?

How does one register (or get invited?) to the various demo days associated with N2 track days? Example: I think there was a Yamaha demo the Monday after a track day weekend at PittRace last month, but I couldn't find any registration information about it. Thanks.
  3. R

track day bike rental

Does BHM or anyone else still rent track bikes? Suggested contact info?
  4. R

Pittrace Bad Crash 4/23/2022

Wow, James. I have to say your attitude is inspiring. I read the first message on this thread and thought "wow, do I want to continue doing this?" By the end of this thread, I thought "wow, I want to meet this man." I had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago, but in a car (so very...
  5. R

Novice passing zones?

Perhaps I should clarify. I am not asking for guidance for "how do I know where I should pass people?" I am asking "how do we help guide, if not control, people that are making bad decisions and actions, and are seemingly out of control? How do we avoid the mid-day meetings?" And specifically...
  6. R

Novice passing zones?

After riding for a couple of years and seeing both some well-behaved novice groups and some really rough days, I am wondering why not have defined passing zones for the novice group only. To basically take the gray area for the less experienced of bad judgment like "well, I'm sort of straight...
  7. R

Any good reason why Sebring hates motorcycles?

I'm not sure how a bike would safely ride on the concrete slab sections, at least. They have to raise the suspension on the prototype cars when they are there because of the bumps, and there have been calls for years that prototypes shouldn't run there.
  8. R

Pitt Race 10/10/21 crash video

Not sure how to slow-mo to be sure, but it looks to me like I hear your throttle increase just as the corner of the curb comes into view, and then a split second later, as you are coming to apex, you are increasing your lean angle. Looks to me like increased throttle + increased lean angle near...
  9. R

Riding efficiently

I find my knees stiff and hurting the first couple of sessions, but then in the afternoon they seem to warm up (or endorphins) and I don't feel as much pain after sessions. That said, I'm excited to see if this year is different with knee pain and fatigue. This will be my third season. And I'm...
  10. R

Tire Tread to pass tech

Thanks for the wise words of wisdom. I will heed your suggestions and get a new set of hoops before next event. I suppose it isn't a worthy goal to try to make my own set of slicks. ;)
  11. R

Tire Tread to pass tech

Hate to be that guy, but also want to use my tires efficiently. For a street tire, how much tread is really required to pass tech, assuming a sunny day (I don't track in rain)? Guide says 1/2 tread. Assuming 6/32 to start, that would be 3/32. So, if I'm touching wear markers, I would fail...