Search results

1. danch

POST Labor Day BHF / Chili Cook Off Weekend

You were hustling that old girl around pretty damn well!
  2. danch

Terry Hofslund, Rest In Peace

So sorry to hear this John. I'll miss chatting with Terry in your pit. RIP
  3. danch

Saving a Front End Slide?

That'd be my Type 1. If it were happening conistently in a corner, I'd either be cussing out whoever dropped oil or looking at my setup. Unless I were setting track records.
  4. danch

It only really happens when I'm off line and either pushing hard or on crap pavement. But we'll talk! I'm too quick to blame my riding in general.
  5. danch

I spent a year refusing to believe that I needed more trail on a 675, the result being I got very used to the front tucking on me. Now that I've fixed the problem, I've got more feel for what's going on. I think a good tire is critical to give you the feel and to make it so that you have almost...
  6. danch

Legal question

Read your (hopefully non hypothetical) policy - it may exclude damages caused by illegal activity or some such. If it is covered, I'd expect it to get much more difficult to (hypothetically) get various forms of liability insurance in the future. Barring hypothetical 'material...
  7. danch

Spies gets a full factory ride

His mommy scares more dudes than most dudes do.
  8. danch

Thanks to all the CR's, I won one!

Man, I don't know if you want his kidney or liver! Good work, Ed - it was good racing with you.
  9. danch

CCS @ BHF this weekend

Very. If you're in A, your bike is already pretty much prepped (assuming you've got a race lower). You'll find somebody to race and probably have a lot of fun.
  10. danch

Finishing up the year

Middleweight novice grids aren't as big this year as in years past, mostly because track days are killing road racing ;) OK, yeah, the economy might have something to do with it. It's not as bad as people make it out - starting off in a big grid is actually pretty fun. You know in a...
  11. danch

Season Ending News

Sorry to hear this. I hope you both come back in a year or two.
  12. danch

CCS Winning R!

Read here Matt: http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=15303
  13. danch

Need some opinions on planning my Intro ride next year

Another thing for the OP to keep in mind - most people don't 'Xaus' their bikes as often as Trent does. :saythat: Yeah, on the track you're more likely to push your limits than the street so you're more likely to crash, but that risk can be managed too. Of my 7 crashes on track since 2002, 5...
  14. danch

Ride to Putnam, from Chicagoland

Talk to these guys: http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=12120
  15. danch

I Miss NESBA

They couldn't pass tech? Either they couldn't find a roll of painter's tape or their bike was about to fall apart. Or maybe they wanted to ride the track wearing a half-helmet with a spike on top?
  16. danch

Putnam 8/14-8/15

Nope, we can't get in until 7:00 Saturday morning.
  17. danch

Noob Question about tires chain

Fairing mounts sound pretty standard. If the rear of the lower is wobbly, you might want another mount back there, though.
  18. danch

The Control Riders are holding me back

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=15061
  19. danch

Putnam July31-Aug 1 Skill Enhancement Days

Yep, 'though I've gotta say, if you do this a while you start getting a strange definition of fine. "Oh, he's fine, just a broken collarbone." doesn't quite sound right to normal people these days for some reason. ;)