Search results

1. AU_R1

Barber 11-12/13-11 I Videos

I stand corrected. At least he apologized, good form.
  2. AU_R1

Barber 11-12/13-11 I Videos

Nice, video. Just one question, and I honestly I'm not trying to be facetious at all so please don't take it that way, did the rules about passing under yellow change? It was kinda the first thing I noticed. Solid laps though.
  3. AU_R1

I miss you guys!

Hey all! Just went out back to fire up the ole R6 in my shed and I smell of that sweet sweet exhaust now. It's been a bit since the ole girl has had a go and damn do I miss riding her. Not that I have that big of a head, but at least one or two people must have noticed my absence at this point...
  4. AU_R1

The search for I group status

Quite true, the slow thing was a bit of sarcasm, but I experienced the same thing. I was really hesitant to pick up my I bump, but I felt quite comfortable once I got there, middle of the pack-ish.
  5. AU_R1

Your Pit / Paddock / weekend setup

I used to sleep in my truck tent. It's an awesome tent that fits right in the bed of your truck. That worked fine until the little monster you see in my avatar showed up. I need to pick up a small toy hauler this year so my little minion can chill in the A/C. Places like Road A and Barber have...
  6. AU_R1

The search for I group status

OK who was at the VIR SED day in I group last year. There was a great quote related to this. Something about if you're going balls to the wall every lap and making good lap times you're not going to get a bump. They're looking for consistency and a rider that doesn't have to go 100% every lap to...
  7. AU_R1

what group to sign up for

This reminds me of a guy that introduced himself in the NESBA forums saying he had never ridden on the track before but expected to be bumped up to A shortly because of his ability to keep up with his A group buddies in the mountains. There are so many things wrong with that I don't even know...
  8. AU_R1

what group to sign up for

I second this statement.
  9. AU_R1

old tires

I have two sets of 209's in my coat closet. The wife is not pleased, but I ain't storin' them out in the shed. I tried to store the R1 in my "Man Cave" (aka home office) for the winter, apparently that's where she draws the line.
  10. AU_R1

Your Pit / Paddock / weekend setup

Well I suppose this depends on how early you arrive, where you are, and how greedy you want to be. 10x15 will be fine. I just set up my pop-up, back my truck up to it, and that's my space. Just remember to be considerate of other people that are already set up, (i.e. allow them space to get...
  11. AU_R1

Braking zone technique

I just jam on the brakes, slam through the gears, and pray the slipper clutch does its job. j/k (This is the procedure I use when I miss my braking marker for 10a at Road Atlanta) Seriously though, I don't use markers for downshifting, it's more of a similar sequence that I use for each...
  12. AU_R1

Wow.Just.Wow

I'd probably have pissed myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BccVeAurI
  13. AU_R1

Where to stay??

The Lodge, jacuzzi tubs ftw after a long day of riding.
  14. AU_R1

R6 body question...

If it's track plastics you should be able to make it work. From what I've been told there is no difference in the body between those years.
  15. AU_R1

ROLLCALL!!! Barber 4/2-3

Don't know if I'm allowed to ride on the track while I'm in flight school. I remember something about not being authorized to participate in "extreme sports" while I was in aircrew training as an enlisted guy. I guess I'll find out when I get down to Pensacola in March. Here's to hoping!
  16. AU_R1

2008 Yamaha R1 Auburn, AL

Bump!!
  17. AU_R1

What does your bike number mean?

35, 3 of 5, 3rd of 5 brothers. That's right! There are 4 other fools out there JUST like me!
  18. AU_R1

Worst feeling ever!

If it was stolen from your house see if it can be covered by your home owner's/renter's insurance. I keep my track bike in my shed and made sure to have it covered under my home owner's in case of fire or theft.
  19. AU_R1

20. AU_R1