Search results

1. AU_R1

I miss you guys!

Hey all! Just went out back to fire up the ole R6 in my shed and I smell of that sweet sweet exhaust now. It's been a bit since the ole girl has had a go and damn do I miss riding her. Not that I have that big of a head, but at least one or two people must have noticed my absence at this point...
  2. AU_R1

Wow.Just.Wow

I'd probably have pissed myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BccVeAurI
  3. AU_R1

2008 Yamaha R1 Auburn, AL

So the time has finally come. After looking at my trip odometer for the season and realizing that I rode less than 500miles since March and upon deciding against tracking it out, I've decided to sell my prized R1. Please observe a moment of silence for the loss of my manhood (Pause for effect)...
  4. AU_R1

Rotors

This probably belongs in the classified but hopefully people at road atl this weekend will see it. Anyone have a set of brake motors for an 06 r6 they are willing to part with. Happy to pay fair price. Braking into T-10a sucks with warped rotors :(
  5. AU_R1

WTB Saturday I group @ Road Atl

Anyone decide not to go at the last minute?
  6. AU_R1

What if i want to ride in B again?

What if I am designated I and want to ride in B for a weekend because I really haven't been out much this year and am rusty as all heck? There was someone looking to sell his B weekend at Road A and I was thinking of picking it up "if" I was allowed to.
  7. AU_R1

Stretching

Does anyone have some recommendations for stretches to keep your muscles looser on the track? I've noticed I tend to cramp up a lot lately, I now a lot of it has to do with hydration but I don't think being more flexible is going to hurt either. I'm looking for some stretches I can do all the...
  8. AU_R1

Mini ATVs in the Southeast?

I got a call from my brother in law this weekend asking if I knew here he might find a good used ATV for his 6 year old son. Figured I'd see if anyone here has some ideas. He lives in the Chatanooga area. Also he's trying to decide if he should start him on a 50cc or 150cc. I figure he should...
  9. AU_R1

To R1 or not to R1? That is the question.

I figured I would post this here, because most of the people on this forum have ridden with me before or seen me ride and could probably give the best input. For any that don't know, I'm the guy that rides the bright orange R6 with the AU logos everywhere, it was white last season. I'm...
  10. AU_R1

The Lodge @ VIR

Right now all I can say is :wow:. The view from my room is AMAZING. I've been sitting here for the last hour watching the B group guys haul balls around 4 through 6a. I came in to blog during what seems to be a momentary lapse in action, it's only 4:15 and I don't think they're done for the...
  11. AU_R1

F/S VIR I 16th May (Not SED)

Not so sure how this shoulder is gonna hold up after a the SED day, so anyone interested let me know.
  12. AU_R1

Kicking myself in the @$$

So, when I scheduled my shoulder surgery for two weeks ago I cancelled my track weekend at Barber for this weekend. Two weeks after the surgery, while I won't be hitting the gym or running for a few more weeks, the mobility in my shoulder has returned WAY faster than anyone expected. What I...
  13. AU_R1

Graves Tire Warmers

Anyone using these? http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Graves_Tire_Warmers--625178.html
  14. AU_R1

WTB Tire Warmers

Looking for a decent set, nothing fancy.
  15. AU_R1

Barber February '10

I know it's still 57 days out but since I haven't been on the track since my T1 incident there back in August I am itching to get back out and I signed up already. Hopefully it'll be better than last year's snowy incident! Who's as excited as me? :wow:
  16. AU_R1

WTB Sunday Nov 8th at Barber!

"I" group. Please oh please.
  17. AU_R1

After wreck engine issues.

So I started my R6 for the first time since my wreck at Barber last month and the exhaust smells like something that of an '86 Buick. The engine sounds normal enough but there's quite a bit of white smoke like there's some oil burning. I only ran it for a couple minutes cause the smell/smoke was...
  18. AU_R1

Elite Sportbike @ Little Tally

So they've got a school going on Oct 17th and 18th. I'm thinking about doing the WERA Cert Race School. It'll be my first day back since the tragic occurrence at Barber (sarcasm). Anyone else going?
  19. AU_R1

Good deal found on fasteners.

Just thought I'd share this. http://kurveygirl.com/shop/index.php?cPath=104_71 The same fasteners on sportbiketrackgear.com were $30 for 6 before shipping, these are $32 for 10 and that's with shipping. That's for a ten pack of the silver ones for aftermarket body kits.
  20. AU_R1

New fairings don't align

So, I just got the "new" fairings for my R6 base painted and I'm trying to put them together so I can put the new vinyl on before I clear coat them. The problem is they don't go together very well.... like at all. I bought them off the same guy that sold me the bike and he got them off ebay...