Search results

1. jonobrin

Courtesy question

Second that. Last time I went out for a rainy session at Pitt Race, it was me and two others. Great time to work on your lines.
  2. jonobrin

Courtesy question

I've ridden dot tires (Dunlop Q5) for three seasons now and I've never had any issues in the rain. Just take it easy and keep things smooth. Worry about your line, not the guy behind you.
  3. jonobrin

Tire Vendors for 5/11-12

Its Mise Mobile (Quentin) and he carries Dunlop and Bridgestone. Contact details should be in the email you got with your waiver.
  4. jonobrin

N2 Merchandise Site Is Live

Awesome job with the website. Any chance we can get some stickers added? I'd like to get something for my trailer.
  5. jonobrin

Track Day / Racing Checklist

I was responsible for one of incidents at Pitt. Sorry again to anyone who missed time on the track due to my mistake. Drain bolt was tightened to spec but it came out anyways. Since my bike didn't have a belly pan at the time it made quite the mess. I've since purchased a bolt with a predrilled...
  6. jonobrin

Pitt Race - May 2023 - Novice - Teal Ninja 400

Managed to shave 6 seconds off my Pitt Race lap times over the winter. :cool:
  7. jonobrin

Novice / First Time Track Day Etiquette Questions

Sorry I should have stopped over and said hello at Pitt. It looked like you had a decent group around you and I was dealing with some bike issues. One recommendation I would give as a new rider is reading "A Twist of the Wrist" by Keith Code. There is a wealth of information about handling...
  8. jonobrin

High End DOT or time for slicks

Considering making the switch from Q5 to slicks myself. I'm sure I'll regret that the first wet track day of this year though.
  9. jonobrin

New Member - Heading to Pitt this month

First I'm hearing about this $20 camping fee. I've been sleeping in a tent at Pitt for a couple years now. Times are changing.
  10. jonobrin

Tire warmers

I had to get the woodcrafts for that exact reason. No complaints. I believe chicken hawk makes smaller warmers too.
  11. jonobrin

New Member - Heading to Pitt this month

I'll be at Pitt that weekend. Feel free to come over and chat. White Tacoma and a teal Ninja 400 with #47 on the windscreen.
  12. jonobrin

Used Ninja 400 wheels?

Yeah I agree. I looked at the post history and saw the post about lurking in the classics section of this forum. Got a good laugh out of it.
  13. jonobrin

The MotoAmerica Thread

Enjoyed seeing Rocco getting comparable times to the Aprilia/Yamaha riders on the new Suzuki in twins cup. Not sure what happened with Rossi though. Was curious how the GSX-8R was going to do.
  14. jonobrin

Used Ninja 400 wheels?

Ha, you beat me to it. I'm also looking for a front in the Pittsburgh area. The eBay options aren't great at the moment. Guess everyone is scrambling to get their bikes ready for the season. :rofl:
  15. jonobrin

The MotoAmerica Thread

Either way it should be interesting to see the two riders under the age of 18 battling it out in supersport. https://www.motoamericaregistration.com/Results/2024/DAYTONA/24_1_DAY_SSP_P1A_entry.pdf
  16. jonobrin

Mid Ohio N2 2024

Yamaha ChampSchool is there in August. https://ridelikeachampion.com/24-ohio-aug/
  17. jonobrin

The MotoAmerica Thread

I was sad to find out Pitt Race wasn't on the schedule this year. Guess its time to check out mid-ohio.
  18. jonobrin

Novice to Intermediate Question

Riders in novice group often get bunched up and it can be frustrating to try and get around the big groups. I found it helpful to go back to the pit lane and hang out for a minute. Look for an opening and let it rip. You're riding a Panigale in novice group. You should have no problem catching...
  19. jonobrin

Ready for 2024!!

You didn't want to brave the cold at Pitt Race in April? Can't say breaking the 2 min mark is in my future, but I definitely plan to improve my 2:12 PB on the 400.
  20. jonobrin

N2 2024 SCHEDULE- Packages and Memberships are on sale!

Also curious about Summit. How did it fill so fast?