Search results

1. M

The MotoGP Thread

I agree it’s an artificial sense of competition….but hopefully it’s just temporary. I remember when the claiming rules came into play - so many thought it was the end of competition, innovation etc. but slowly it brought the races tighter - and for the first time in a while, we really could not...
  2. M

The MotoGP Thread

I think the difference is that while HRC reigned supreme, there was still competition. Yamaha and Ducati (Dovi) still challenged them, and even Suzuki snuck a championship in there. The fact that the Hondas have been finishing in the last 4 positions (if they finish at all) is a dramatic turn -...
  3. M

April 29, NJMP

It’s a huge net benefit for sure. The whole track now felt like it lacks that “oh shit, don’t forget that…too late.” :)
  4. M

April 29, NJMP

This is great. Thanks so much. I definitely didn’t follow my TD with more liquid IV. Not enough of anything really, which surely lead to a prolonged recovery. I also need to start getting more into my system before the TD. I did a bit of that last weekend, but not enough obviously. I lost...
  5. M

April 29, NJMP

Ive definitely made an effort to keep nourished, hydrated and stretched for the track days I’ve done. But I welcome any and all advice - because this last one kicked my ass. I’m sure being the first day out this year contributed - but clearly there’s room for improvement in my routine. I’m...
  6. M

The MotoGP Thread

I figured. That’s why I didn’t want to put any spoilers in there. But it’s well worth the catch up when you get a chance. Hope the bike days were fun and safe!
  7. M

April 29, NJMP

If this had been a 2 day event, I’m not sure I would have been able to ride the 2nd day. I’ve been a bit sore following track days before - but good grief! This was a whole different story!
  8. M

April 29, NJMP

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great day at NJMP this past Monday. The temps hitting 88° already seemed a bit premature, but I guess it was better than 94° last July! All the coaches were great, and a huge thanks to Judy for following/leading me on a couple laps - and the talk afterwards...
  9. M

The MotoGP Thread

Been quiet around here. This past weekend had some sweet racing mixed with mayhem. Finally got a chance to catch up with Moto2 this week, and that championship is getting interesting. Nice to see the first American pull off 3 consecutive podiums since Hayden in 2006! Man, it’s been a long...
  10. M

Intro Class?

If it’s your first-ever day on a track, you will be assigned to the newcomer group. For the first few sessions you will be riding with a specific (first-time riders) group within Novice, with a dedicated CR showing you the ropes. Then you meet in the classroom between sessions. Great time to ask...
  11. M

The MotoGP Thread

Wow. Big news. Guess you can’t blame him for wanting to get off the carousel after that many years of the traveling circus.
  12. M

The MotoGP Thread

Holy f#%k!!!!! Clever twist to sneak all the MotoGP riders onto moto3 bikes this week :)
  13. M

The MotoGP Thread

Maybe we need to push for an N2 sponsored racing-only hotspot :) Ride safe today!
  14. M

The MotoGP Thread

Is it me? Or did they describe the hotel rooms as something between a child’s room and a red roof inn?
  15. M

The MotoGP Thread

Couple months to finish up an international circuit. What could possibly go wrong? :)
  16. M

The WorldSBK Thread

That’s some unbelievable racing. Amazing how the 2nd & 3rd place finishers were not even in the camera shot through all of that. Gotta finish…
  17. M

The MotoGP Thread

This is similar to what F1 implemented years ago. Pirelli was directed to limited the life of the tire to create more variables (stops, strategy etc). If they engineered in lesser longevity, the riders would need to adapt their speed to maintain grip all the way til the end of the race - which...
  18. M

The BSB Thread

I wonder why he doesn't lean the bike more... :)
  19. M

The MotoGP Thread

I was wondering whether his decision was made post-gearbox issue. Interesting that they had already moved to a decision so quickly, after so few races to see what Yamaha was bringing to the table. @ctk62 all good points. Obviously marc had banked a ton of cash before his decision was made - so...
  20. M

The MotoGP Thread

While he might not be as good as Martin, I can’t imagine that he THINKS he’s not as good as Martin :). I totally get taking the cash. Careers can be short, and you might as well bank what you can when you can. But for the show, I would just like to see him on a bike that has potential sooner...