Search results

1. A

Average lap times at RA?

2:48 is my best time. This year I ran consistent 2:53s. Don't run enought to get any better I guess. Maybe 3 track days a year and only one of them RA. I'm just out there to have fun though... no prizes.
  2. A

I session 5/30/11

Nice vids, Nice riding. Did the CR slide a little on turn 3 at the end of the second?
  3. A

RA Vid Sunday 5-31

Speedy Pass http://youtu.be/pjSPPEvHkiI
  4. A

Top end hit with tire change?

Video evidence: 2007 (Only had a Yosh Carbon Can): http://youtu.be/0JbXN0Wn3r4 2009 (Full Yosh Exhaust, B&M Filter, PCIII... standard map from internet): http://youtu.be/GdcG3ahKk5A This year (Dyno Tuned at Flat-Out changed to the 190 GPA211 tire): http://youtu.be/JgSVzZIyRYE Don't think I'm...
  5. A

See the attached calculations if interested. It looks like the 180 to the 190 tire change only tweaked my speedo by 3mph if my calucations are right.
  6. A

So I made my own spreadsheet and did some calculating. As far as I can tell, I'm hitting the rev limiter at the end of the straight at the top of 4the gear. So I have two unused gears now! It is obvious after this exercise that the rev gage is just as wrong as the Speedo. I believe that the...
  7. A

This was on Monday. Winds seemed to be going east in morning and then west in the afternoon. Both cross winds I think. I think most of this can be explained by tire size change, however, maybe changing the gearing isn't a bad idea. Running the bigger tire makes the speedo read closer to...
  8. A

RA Vid Sunday 5-31

Now you are just making fun of me. Thats twice you pass me in your videos! :doh: Looked through my footage hoping to find me passing an R1 so I could return the favor... no such luck. :dunno: However, I did find footage of an R1 passing me after Turn 3 and I think it is you. White Helmet...
  9. A

RA Vid Sunday 5-31

I'm in your video! At starting at 7:37 I'm the guy in Blue on the 7Fiddy. You blow the doors off me on the straight. I figured there was a good chance that you passed me as fast as you were going.
  10. A

RA Vid Sunday 5-31

Nice riding! Makes me look slow. Were you on your R1 or Gixxer? Sounds a lot like the 04 R1 I used to own... smooth as silk. I guess you noticed that someone inspected the sand trap at 2:24 on your video right?
  11. A

Questions for you seasoned vets. I noticed a significant reduction in my speeds this year on the RA straights. Reviewing the onboard footage it is clear that this wasn't in my head. I realize that the speedos are never right on these things but they are a gage... my only gage other than the...
  12. A

Dyno tune results

Hanndicapped: Yes, I had my 04' 7fiddy dynoed. Donny: They charge $150 for dyno tuning. And that makes this improvement only $10 per HP!
  13. A

Dyno tune results

Thought I would share my experience at Flat-Out Indy with getting my bike Dyno Tuned. Over the years I've added the full Yosh exhuast and the Race BMC filter and the PCIII. However, I was too cheap and didn't have the time to get the tuning done so I used a standard map from the Dynojet...
  14. A

04-05 GSXR 600-750 Vortex rearsets

PM and Paypal Sent
  15. A

Time for new front brakes.

Going to need pads soon myself. Still running stock ones. Seems like every pad brand has a cult following. How in the world can one choose? Perhaps I will start with the cheapest ones and if they are good for me then I won't know what I'm missing. Kind of like buying a small flat screen tv...
  16. A

Ryan #88, You Ok Man??

Look on the bright side. Because of this, I got to try your Pitbull trailer mount with the other guys. Consequently, I just bought my own less then two minutes ago! Shhh... don't tell the wife. Hope you are well or getting better soon.
  17. A

Ron Hix Teaching session at Lunch today

Yes. Thank you. That was great.
  18. A

Buell admits that their bikes are cute but not good sportbikes

Check this out if you haven't already. The text is very interesting. Sorry for you Buell guys...lol "The Buell® Blast was a cute little motorcycle. It just never made much of a sportbike. But, as luck would have it, it makes a killer ottoman. Or end table. Or art piece. Through an innovative...
  19. A

Help needed. TV Show ideas

Can you make it at 9pm eastern? lol Nice commercial, I could hear the Monster Truck rally voice in my head.
  20. A

Help needed. TV Show ideas

Would be one heck of a drama. Onboard footage, guys crashing and having to postpone hair cuts and shoes for the kids to get the frame on the bike straightened, pawning the microwave to get gas money to go to the next trip. Arguements when one guy bumps another. Track emergencies like trying...