Search results

1. R

2004 Yamaha R6 Track bike

Hey, I'm from Asheville. Is there anything wrong with it, mechanically or physically?
  2. R

08 1000RR exhaust too loud?

My 08 1000RR has the TwoBrothers slip-on exhaust. I will be going to VIR South on 22 Aug but don't want to be turned away due to my exhaust being too loud. I have never had it checked to see how loud it actually is, but I know it's pretty loud compared to Yoshi slip-on my friend has on his...
  3. R

Cmp videos i group

What camera system are you using?
  4. R

Best Trailering System?

No, I bought it last summer for $600. It was a last minute purchase since U-Haul didn't have the trailer I had reserved and the nearest one was 2 hours away. I didn't have the time to drive 2 hours out of my way to get it, so I just went ahead and bought one from the local Northern Tool.
  5. R

Best Trailering System?

After making the 1050 mile round trip to Deal's Gap this weekend with 2 bikes on my trailer, I found out that I REALLY want a better way to secure my bike when towing it. I ended up destroying 3 tie-down straps due to the way we had to route the tie-downs to be able to secure the bikes. I have...
  6. R

Sealed the Deal!

Marion? You're not too far from my family in Asheville, which is where I spent most of my life before the Air Force. Yeah, it's fun to go out there and ride with people I know, but I have found myself riding harder on the open streets than I should be. I would like to find a sport-tourer to...
  7. R

Sealed the Deal!

Yeah, the only reason I'm still going to Deal's Gap is that I've already passed the deadline to change my hotel reservation, so I'm stuck paying for it anyhow. Plus, my mom lives pretty close to there so she has been looking forward to me leaving my son with her for the weekend while we ride...
  8. R

Sealed the Deal!

I have been reading these forums for a few weeks now, keeping an eye on things to see how I felt about spending the money to join. I wasn't quite sure if dropping $200+ for a day or two of riding was worth it...until this past Sunday. I went out riding with some friends when it started to...
  9. R

Camera/Video Recommendations?

I figure if I am going to spend the money for riding the track I want to have some video footage so I can see where I'm doing things correctly, and more importantly, where I'm doing things not so correctly. Anyone have any suggestions about what kind of camera setup to use? I want it to be...
  10. R

RA was a wheelie fun track!

That's some really clean video and audio. What kind of camera/recording system are you using?
  11. R

GoPro Camera Mount Warning

That sucks you lost your camera, but that thing looks to be pretty good video quality for $200. I might have to pick one up...
  12. R

New from Newport News, VA

Any suggestions about finding cheap race plastics? I looked on a few different sites and the cheapest I could find was $700 for the whole set from kneedraggers.com. I don't mind taking my bike to the track, I'm just concerned about trashing it and then being stuck with a payment for a bike I...
  13. R

New from Newport News, VA

Hey all, I just found this site and forum about two days ago. I have been interested in doing some track riding for a few years but never had the money for it until now. Since I am stationed in Newport News, VA, I'll probably only be hitting up VIR, unless there is another track that is...