Search results

1. Jacob

Uwharrie Motorsports Park

From what I've heard from organizers, car guys drop a lot more cash in general, so that's not surprising
  2. Jacob

Motard Exclusion

But I bet you're back on them every time by the time you hit 4/5 or 7 for sure :laugh: I always like to get a tow off the smaller bikes if I'm new to a track or need some refreshers. They usually have solid lines and corner speed. I don't have it as bad on a sv650, but watching some of the...
  3. Jacob

2013 Street Triple R

Damn, that's a nice bike and a nice garage. And two triumph listings in one day?? I have to remind myself I have too many bikes as it is. Good luck with the sale
  4. Jacob

GoPro mounts and locations

Yeah, I know that fear, lol. I try not to think about it. I got a 360 cam this year I put basically where the mirror would be, secondary safety tether to the fairing stay. Don't have to worry about framing, and I can look at inputs as well as body position all with one cam. I have a bad habit...
  5. Jacob

06 SV650

Price? Location?
  6. Jacob

Fun Monday

That looks like it sucked, lol
  7. Jacob

April 29, NJMP

Some of the turns did get a bit more room, 1 did for sure, but I forget the specifics. I was following the progress on socials where it was mentioned. It'll be weird without that bump I'm so used to, and that patch, but I'm really glad they're gone. Nice though, looking forward to being there a...
  8. Jacob

Ken Hill Mastery Class

Still saving up my pennies, planning to some day
  9. Jacob

Ken Hill Mastery Class

Sounds awesome, I'm jealous. That 2up experience sounds wild. It's one thing to hear or watch or read how the fast guys handle brakes and throttle input, feeling it has got to be something else.
  10. Jacob

April 29, NJMP

Seems we skipped right past spring and straight into summer this year. I usually bring a couple jugs of pedialyte to help with hydration, along with water, but when it's hot it's HOT. How was the new pavement at NJMP?
  11. Jacob

First timer 5/11 - Summit Point

Not much else to add here... Seriously though, a bug exploded like a gallon of guts onto my visor I had to pit in and clean it to see. Definitely talk to a control rider early, have them show you the line and get you comfortable so you have a good time. The novice group looked huge on Monday...
  12. Jacob

Track Day / Racing Checklist

I keep a laminated checklist in my toolbox. But, I also have torque labels and drilled bolts for safety wire all over my bike... having all those labels and drilled bolts makes it hard to put anything on incorrectly, with them staring me in the face. Torque it, then wire/paint it. Like someone...
  13. Jacob

Best solution for two sports bikes in truck bed?

I used to do this, and honestly it's enough of an asspain I'd just get a trailer. But if you're determined, it'll fit, though I had an 8 ft bed and a short bed may need the tailgate down. Any decent ramp is fine, but I had to take the belly pan off to clear the apex where the ramp met the...
  14. Jacob

2006 Triumph 675 Daytona $3800 OBO

I might text you once I'm off work, need to see if I can find the space. I have two motorcycles I'm thinking of selling for room. Always a fan of the daytona, my old one was this year as well.
  15. Jacob

Tire warmers and generator

Agree, also good warmers probably save money in the long run, especially if you're fast enough to need them. A lightly used pair of a good brand can be had for a reasonable price. My cheap mj moto pair came with a bike, and work well enough, but if I was serious I'd try to find a good used pair.
  16. Jacob

Motor Rebuild Question

No need to rebuild unless the engine has problems, I've seen bikes with 15k+ track only miles. I've never needed to rebuild a street bike engine, even an older rsv4 which were supposed to be fragile. I check the valves more frequently is about it. If you're worried you can check compression...
  17. Jacob

Tire warmers and generator

I have a predator 2000 watt inverter, had it close to 10 years now and it does the job. I have cheap mj moto tire warmers but I've run my buddy's woodcraft warmers without issue. I haven't seen over 900W for either of those warmers.