Search results

1. wesmith443

06 636 and 06 zx10 oem fairings

The 6 was converted to strictly track some time ago and Im tired of storing these parts in my garage. The zx10r is undergoing it track transformation and I dont want its parts lying around. Shipping not included For the 636 I have: Left and right side fairings w/ stock signals ...$50 each...
  2. wesmith443

trail braking at work

Anyone else walk down the hallway at work going through the motions with your hands. brake, pull clutch and drop gears, turn the corner, then twist open the throttle. This lady turning the corner looked down at my hands and started laughing. I hadnt realized I was doing it.:dunno: Others must...
  3. wesmith443

06 zx10r oil leak!!!!!

So now the liter bike is dripping from the oil plug. I was hoping it was and easy fix and changed that metal washer/gasket but no luck. Im thinking the oil pan will need to be changed next. I cant see it drip but after an hour or so you can see a penny size puddle underneath the bike. The thing...
  4. wesmith443

brembo master cylinder safety wire?

Saturday I drilled and safety wired my bike and put on stainless steel brake lines and a Brembo master I had lying around from the previous owner. I went through the Nesba manual about safety wire and it said to safety wire the pin on Brembo masters. What pin? I think the guy said the master...
  5. wesmith443

Chassis geometry question

Ok were we go. The big question is, is there a way to measure the chassis geometry? If I wanted to compare a measurement for the front to one in the rear where could this be measure? Here is what happened. I have revalved and resprung forks and an elka shock that is properly sprung of course. I...
  6. wesmith443

Ride Share general question

So what if I share my truck and trailer with a fellow nesbian on an out of state trip and he crashes out and is taken to the hospital (God forbid); I would feel obligated to take care of his bike and belongings and see to it he gets from the hospital---home. Would I be eligible for a credit if...
  7. wesmith443

99 zx9r ($1500)

Im getting rid of my first bike. The bike was ridden on the street mainly and on the track for my first track day a few years back. I rode it twice last year and came to the conclusion that she had to go. I started to part it out but quickly found that that is time consuming so I just want it...
  8. wesmith443

Can i use a cramp buster

I know alot of you are probably thinking what the hell! Here is the issue. I had a bad accident in 06 and now I dont have much flexibility in my right wrist. To roll on the throttle I have to reach up and over the throttle and use alot of arm to really get the throttle almost wide open...
  9. wesmith443

Suspension headaches!!!!!

So a few weeks ago I ordered springs to setup my bike for my weight. Im 260 without gear and they tell me I need a 8.0kg rear shock spring. Most places recommend 10kg and stock on the 636 if racetech is correct is 9.7kg. I call them back and they tell me that 8 is the biggest I can get so I...
  10. wesmith443

tire preferences

Just out of curiosity, does anybody prefer tires other than Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop, and Bridgestone? Im actually a Pirelli guy.
  11. wesmith443

Very short rider help!

A friend of mine signed up for Nesba with me last year but never did any trackdays because she is afraid her bike will not pass tech. IT IS EXTREMELY LOW!!!:wow: It is so low that she had to have her stock undertail cut out so the tire could fit in there under compression. (She is on her tip...
  12. wesmith443

carb question

My 99 zx9 will heat up extremely fast at idle and the fan doesnt help. The only thing I have done to the bike since i bought it a few years ago is install a muzzy fan and have the carbs cleaned after sitting for a year. I bought it with a full muzzy exhaust and am not sure if it was jetted...
  13. wesmith443

Kendon motorcycle lift

Hey, Im selling my Kendon standup motorcycle lift for $500 to upgrade to the K & L supply lift. The only thing wrong is there is a knob that connects to a cable that lowers the lift, its disconnected so I lower it from the cable. It could be reconnected with the right touch and patience but I...
  14. wesmith443

dropping the motor

Hey, does anyone know if you can lift most motors up and out of the frame with an engine hoist? I plan to bore the motor on my zx9 again. Last time I took it apart from boredom and decided to get it bore while it was apart. Now I may do the works. So the first time I took the bike apart I...
  15. wesmith443

Camping at the track

What do you all take for a weekend camp at the track? This year I plan to do whole weekends at the track. In the past I was close enough to go home and and return the next day or i just did one day.
  16. wesmith443

Suspension theory

I have been trying to learn about setting up suspensions and it is starting to get confusing.:banghead: Suspension 101 in the Tech section may be more helpful to me after I can clear some things up. So my first question is if you increase compression damping it means you make it softer and to...
  17. wesmith443

2010 track dates

Anybody have any idea when next years track dates come out?
  18. wesmith443

Insurance for track bikes?

After running this past Sunday at Summit Main I made the decision to leave the street alone and just do track days and eventually race. Most insurance companies do not cover bikes that are taken to the track, however, I have put alot of money into my bikes and will spend even more this winter...