Search results

1. mattf

Vinny337

Vinny! I've been out of the loop for a little bit so I just saw this.....I'm sorry to hear you wrecked, but I'm glad to see that you're ok! I hope to get caught up with you at the track soon, hope your recovery is going well :o
  2. mattf

Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

I'm so sorry for his family at his passing, such a tragedy. But like so many others, I consider myself fortunate to have known him, even briefly. I remember how he came to see me after I crashed in the chicane at T-bolt, and how the following season how he talked my thru my jitters when I...
  3. mattf

Mike Moore

Hang in there Mike......all of our prayers are with you and your family.
  4. mattf

Roll Call - NJMP Endurance Event June 24th

Awesome day, and a great way to get back into the swing of things after having been away for so long. I wouldn't miss another one of these endurance day for all the money in the world, the best TD I've done bar none. Thanks to CR Jim for taking me out for a while...I was surprised to find that...
  5. mattf

Nice! He can show me the way around a bit then :cool:
  6. mattf

Would this pass tech??

Meh. I've dragged my helmet before, and I did it with flair, too :D
  7. mattf

Been a year, last week since I went to the moon. I've been riding, just haven't been able to squeeze a track day in...until now. Wish you were there, but I'll catch you at the next one soon :)
  8. mattf

IN. Haven't been IN since I was IN the ambulance at T-bolt last June, but the bike's back together, I'm back together, so I'm IN.
  9. mattf

Names to rode to work today for the first time this year

You mean some people STOP riding in winter? What??? Get a beater DRZ. Add knobbies, heated grips and some Tusk oven mitts. Ride all winter.
  10. mattf

NJMP Files under Ch. 11 Bankruptcy Protection

Hope they sort it out.....I love NJMP
  11. mattf

As a First Timer, Shim the rear? Or start stock?

Wasn't trying to get under your skin, I was simply making light of the topic.
  12. mattf

The bike is hard to push

More troubleshooting is needed here.
  13. mattf

As a First Timer, Shim the rear? Or start stock?

You mean we can adjust the suspension? :doh:
  14. mattf

No gauges...laptimer?

When I shot my R1 into space last year at NJMP, it landed upside down and trashed my gauges. Now, it's only my track bike, so it really doesn't need gauges (I taped over all but the tach anyway). Still, I'm looking it over for the coming season, and I got thinking about a rev counter, which...
  15. mattf

where to get decorative knee pucks

I'd been using A&G leather pucks for a while.....nothing fancy, just the ovals. I like 'em. Then my kids got me the A&G skull sliders, so I'm rocking them. It's for the kids, ya know? ;)
  16. mattf

Grips?

I rock the Woodcrafts, but I never ground the hole in the bar for the switchgear. I ground off the nubs and then placed a small piece of rubber between housing and bar.....never moves (at least for me....YMMV). I love Renthals, and the new dual compounds do it for me. Razor off old grips...
  17. mattf

Biaggi

^ This Honda could probably shake the equivalent of Aprilia's racing budget out of their corporate couch cushions. And I think that in WSBK it's actually LESS about the bike and MORE about the rider than most of the racing series out there. See how many different brands of bikes are...
  18. mattf

Questions about riding charities

:adore:
  19. mattf

Questions about riding charities

Airfence and MSF are awesome. I know that it's not "racing/track day community" related, but I cannot say enough good things about Make-a-Wish. And if you have room for a 4th charity, the "Matt-needs-an-Ohlins-TTX-fund" is always looking for a new philanthropist to help support the cause!