Search results

1. mattf

No gauges...laptimer?

When I shot my R1 into space last year at NJMP, it landed upside down and trashed my gauges. Now, it's only my track bike, so it really doesn't need gauges (I taped over all but the tach anyway). Still, I'm looking it over for the coming season, and I got thinking about a rev counter, which...
  2. mattf

ATE Super Blue...now a greenish color

So after my last crash, both of my front brake lines and my master cylinder reservoir were trashed. So new lines, new reservoir, and as I needed to relocate my reservoir with my new clip ons, I ordered up some Tygon tubing (stock rubber brake line too short.....was trashed anyway). Saturday I...
  3. mattf

NJMP 6-14 big thanks and sheepish apology

I wanted to sat a big THANKS to both NESBA and all the NESBIANS in the paddock yesterday at NJMP. I was having an awesome day yesterday at NJMP early on, but then I went and had a big off, and the outpouring of condolences and offers of help from everyone were really cool. Thanks to everyone who...
  4. mattf

Test-n-tune the new track bike

Quick question.....I've been spending the winter prepping my new-to-me track only R1 for the upcoming season, and I've stripped it down to basically the engine and frame.....I did the carbs/exup/exhaust, rebuilt the forks, the shock, new wheels, new calipers/rotors, chain and sprockets...
  5. mattf

Gas tank anti-slosh foam

So I'm looking for a new foam seat pad for my track bike (superbike tail, no seat, just the self adhesive pad) and I run across some "anti-sloshing tank foam" that you jam into your tank to keep the fuel from, well obviously, sloshing around. I know it's been around for a while, never considered...
  6. mattf

Camping at NJMP

I'm going to be at NJMP on Monday the 26th, and I'm bringing the family along. Instead of leaving the house at 3am, we thought about camping at the track. So, coming down Sunday night, camp out, up early and ride! Never done the camp at the track thing. How do I go about it? Show up Sunday...
  7. mattf

Track day...spare bike?

I have been doing track days on my street bike this year. I just picked up a new-to-me track bike yesterday. I have a track day scheduled w/ NESBA at NJMP on the 26th. It got me thinking, I'd love to rock the new track-only bike at NJMP, but even if I go over it top to bottom, there are...
  8. mattf

WTB 04-06 R1 Wheels

Looking for both frt and rear. Beat up track hacks are ok (that's all they'll end up being for me). With cush/rotors preferred but will consider rims alone.
  9. mattf

NESBA new guy

I just attended my first NESBA track day on June 1 at NJMP, which just so happened to be my first track day, period. I've been a 20 year street rider, but I was a little nervous rocking the track on my first day. I shouldn't have been nervous, because 5 minutes into setting up my awning in the...