Search results

1. Kawtipping

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Honestly, the rear hub is a fairly easy thing. What are you having troubles with? Other than a couple of bearings and the eccentric, it is just a few pieces of metal. As for why they did the single sided arm, it was done to satisfy the customer on the 1098. After all the complaints about the...
  2. Kawtipping

Be ware of buying a used Track Bike

It is a shame that something like this has happened. However, had due diligence been given before you took it to the track, you could have seen most of the problems. Anytime you buy a bike, new or used, with the intention of riding it on the street or track you should check it over. One...
  3. Kawtipping

Sooo who designates the guys teching bikes??

These were probably Intro riders. The tech rules are more lax for them. Good or bad, it is to encourage new riders that ride their bikes to the track to get on track.
  4. Kawtipping

Yo..fred.....happy birthday

Fred...birthday...??? Damn, missed that one! Happy birthday!!!
  5. Kawtipping

Does this prove Shoei is inferior to Arai?

I had a Suomy do the same thing in my last crash. No matter what the brand of the helmet, with the right kind of impact the shield will come off. If that is the worst that happens, I would be more than happy with the outcome!
  6. Kawtipping

Didnt think I would be saying this

Going to a smaller bike can pay huge dividends. I have run a ZX10R and a ZX6R out on the track, and the 6 was much better when it came to learning how to ride tracks. With that being said, I actually like my current bike better than the 600's that I have had. But that is just a matter of how...
  7. Kawtipping

Great weekend at Blackhawk!

A little insight on the 7 turns at BHF. There was a race car series way back in the day that ran on tracks that were limited to 7 corners. Instead of being left out of the series, the track got very creative in the corner numbering system. I believe that track maps from back then also looked...
  8. Kawtipping

BHF July 4/5 Role Call

I was going to be there for both days...but now I am out for the rest of the year :(
  9. Kawtipping

2000 Ducati 748R, Race/Track

Damn Todd...You have to go and throw out the NC don't you :P The NC is a decent bike Duane. I have seen it on a few occasions....just not running yet. It was in Todd's garage all winter...and he lives about a mile away from me. Knowing Dan as well, he will more than likely be interested...
  10. Kawtipping

BHF July 4/5 Role Call

I will be there both days. Can't wait to get some more seat time in before the next CCS round...I need the practice there!
  11. Kawtipping

Kawtippings first race weekend...or...Who said older bikes are not competitive?

So far I had only done a track day or two on my 2000 996. But this year I had decided to go racing. Well, this past weekend the planets aligned and it all came together. Road America is my local track, so when there was race license school on Friday with CCS and ASRA running Fri-Sun on a twin...
  12. Kawtipping

Which MW/MC NESBIANS are going racing tis year??

Murf, as you know I am in. Picked up my race license on Friday (5/1) at Road America. Made good on the Nesba experiences as well as I took my first two wins this weekend as well!! First race=first win. So my ratio is 2/3 (win/enter) so far this year...hope it continues!
  13. Kawtipping

Go Faster Through Turn One

So what is the lowdown on the Stones? How do they compare to the Pirelli rubber? I know you were supposed to get some testing done at BHF the other weekend, did that end up happening?
  14. Kawtipping

Strange bikes at the track

I have seen FJR 1300's out at Road America. Another track organization let out a Honda Magna a couple of weeks ago. If you look, you will always find something more strange than you had before.
  15. Kawtipping

Question from Wisconsin

Correct me if I am wrong here Todd...but you also need to show receipts for everything you purchase to bring the bike back to "stock" form. With the high prices that Crashed Toys has been getting lately, you may be better off looking around for a clean titled bike from a private party. You...
  16. Kawtipping

PilotUSA Leather suits

I have seen, and tried on Pilot leathers....I would not spend my money on them. There are so many better suits for the same price out there. I am very impressed with the Arlen Ness leathers, and they do have some left over 2008's for a decent price (as of Sunday at least). If you are...
  17. Kawtipping

FS: 2002 Chevy Crew Cab Duramax Diesel in Wisconsin

Some of you have seen the truck out at some of the later Midwest CCS races. It is the one Todd (Murf99) was using to get to the track. To those that have not seen it, or would like a bit more information...Crew cab, long box, 6.6L diesel, Allison automatic, 83,000 miles, fabric interior, power...
  18. Kawtipping

Well goodbye my love

There are track bits out there for them...just not in the states so much. The Superhawk had many goodies produced by Moriwaki. Though it has been a while since they were current..but one may be able to still source some of their goodies.
  19. Kawtipping

help I'm Looking for a change need a new bike

You won't be seeing 09 R1's in dealer showrooms until January at least. I can't wait till we get our allotment. As long as there is no snow on the ground, I will be taking one out as soon as it is out of the crate!
  20. Kawtipping

rear lights on new zx6r...

It is a pain to take off the rear lights on those bikes....actually the off isn't the hard part...it is the back on that sucks!! Use some tape, or buy a fender eliminator if you are going to keep the bike for the street and track.