Search results

1. Caveman

Jennings end of the Month

Who's looking at going to Jennings at the end of the Month ? How many people are allowed on a "Limited Space Event"? Just curious. Looks like my son (Parker) and I will be going. He has to get some seat time in on the SV. .
  2. Caveman

Barber- Bike's not ready, Got a Sat for sale.

What do you expect for Friday the 13th- Just found out my bike's not going to be ready for Barber. Got a Saturday "I" group for sale. Give me a call if interested. David Hope 770-235-8466
  3. Caveman

RA Sat/Sun needed

Anybody have a Saturday or Sunday for sale? Thought I had signed up 3 weeks ago, but something went wrong with my registration. I never received a confirmation (1/2 the time I never get a confirmation), checked my credit card and discovered no charge from NESBA. I did get sign up for Friday but...
  4. Caveman

Sprocket Size HELP.

I'm looking for advise on changing sprocket size. I'm riding a GSXR 750. Noticed that I do not have the speed needed to get by the 600's coming out of the turns. Thought at first I just needed to work on my exit speed (which will aways be the case). With that said, I'm now looking at changing...
  5. Caveman

Speed Bump

Yeap that's what I was after my wreck at Barber, nothing more than a speed bump to the other riders in the "I" group. So for all you riders that are happy with shaving 1-2 seconds off a lap, I was in such bad shape that I dropped 12 seconds off my time from Saturday AM to Sunday afternoon. I'm...
  6. Caveman

Sed

Head Count: Who's going to SED from ATL in the I-Group. .
  7. Caveman

skill enhancement days

Little feedback: SED scheduled in May at VIR. Just got bumped from B to I at RA (bad front brakes and all). If I can get me bike to hold together for longer than 1/2 a day I might sign up. Not complaining, better to ride 1/2 a good day than none at all. Had a great ride on Friday. Looking for...
  8. Caveman

CRASHED at Barber

I won't go into the boring details of how I ended up watching my bike get launched in the air about 50 feet and come crashing, rolling, sliding, rolling, etc. which was pretty exciting. This message is just to say thanks: Thanks to everybody that came over to see what they could do to get me...
  9. Caveman

Enclosed Trailer

I've upgraded to a bigger trailer and need to sell the one I have. Here are the details. Homesteader, 2002 5' x 10' x 5' Enclosed, Black Side Door, Back "Barn Door" with seprate ramp. New Tires. Built in Shelves on left side of trailer. Have Pic's will email. $900.00 david@cecc.biz .
  10. Caveman

GSXR Sprockets

Looking for feedback on Sprockets: I've got a 05 750. Looking at replacing the chain/sprockets before we get back on the track, which won't be soon enough. looking for advise: Man'f, ratio/size, front/back. Pretty big guy at 6'4" 230. That's one reason I went with the 750 instead of a 600...
  11. Caveman

Want to buy: Alpinestar SMX

OK, I want to buy a suit that's been discontinued. This is what I'm looking for: Alpinestar SMX: Has the external plastic armor in the arms, shoulders, knees, and chins. Looking for a size 48. david@cecc.biz .
  12. Caveman

Spidi or Teknic

Looking at getting new leathers and its a flip of the coin, need some input. Spidi PG Wind Pro or Teknic Xcelerator Any thoughts? I can spend about the same money for either. I've had Teknic but open to a change.
  13. Caveman

Suspension: HELP

Any recommendations on who I can use to check/set-up my suspension? I live close to RA. I don't know how and sure don't want to guess. I don't have time for that whole trial and error stuff. Know what I mean.
  14. Caveman

Improve riding skills in the rain ?

Kevin Schwantz school this weekend. Lots of rain, race tires, need I say more. This sucks ! Maybe tomorrow will be better. Just venting
  15. Caveman

Kevin Schwantz: School this weekend

Scheduled to spend the weekend at Barber in Kevin Schwantz's school. Anybody, got experience or advise on the school. I've heard mostly good stuff, couple people said it wasent very good. Figure if I learn something it will be worth the trip, not to metion I'll get to ride my new GSXR 750...
  16. Caveman

Advise: Lap Timer

Need some help deciding. Started looking at lap timers, got all confussed. Just looking for a decent, inexpensive timer. Any suggestions would be great. RRR was great last weekend, 2nd run on Sunday best I've ever had. Thanks to all the CR's for there help It amazes me how the little...
  17. Caveman

Plastic/carbin fiber gas tank?

Talked to someone at the track who had a plastic/carbon fiber gas tank. Light weight, also has a "sponge" like membrane inside. James Bond Stuff. 007's the man. Well after Hef.... Anybody out there know anything about this?
  18. Caveman

Feedback on the SV1000"s as a Track Bike? Just checking my options. I'm running in the beginner class, alot of people have suggested the 650. Appreciate the help. Caveman (because I presently ride a dinosaur).