Search results

1. JeffreyDeal197

Go Pro customer service rocks!

come to think of it i've got a broken piece on one of the connectors....nah i'm not gonna do them like that. but it's great to know they're behind the users 100%
  2. JeffreyDeal197

Read my rear tire, please?

sup bacon. i think i just need to watch the OTT vids again and type up/print out the if:then things about reading the wear and commit it to memory. i wouldn't call it really odd wear, the overall wear isn't that bad at all and i'm still very impressed with what the shock has done. maybe i'm...
  3. JeffreyDeal197

thanks for the advice, yes i do have a rearstand. i haven't done much tuning since i converted to the R6 shock as the stock settings just felt ideal for street riding, especially given the higher effective spring rate.
  4. JeffreyDeal197

so not enough or too much rebound damping?
  5. JeffreyDeal197

street ridden tire, btw. and yes, this Pr2 has 6,500 miles on it. look at the treads on the sides, you can tell that the leading edge is worn yet the following edge is sharp/hard edged. i remember watching some 'on the throttle' videos on suspension tuning a while back but i can't remember what...
  6. JeffreyDeal197

Rossi is not part of the human species

it's jorge's year now, let him shine. but somebody has to be there to put pedrosa and stoner one position lower on the roster.
  7. JeffreyDeal197

Roebling Road

a private day at RRR would be great if we could get a date set a couple months ahead of time. there's a lot of guys around here that would love to go but haven't had a chance.
  8. JeffreyDeal197

Chicken-Meter

i'm sure the tire itself isn't bad, but you guys know what market the street sport tires cater to, pretty much the bike night crowd of fair weather no gear riders. i almost settled for a sportec front last week just to check it out but the pilot power is such a good buy right now.
  9. JeffreyDeal197

Bike numbers

you have a point blue, but then again i don't do much test'n'tune in public anyway.
  10. JeffreyDeal197

Towing: Questions about Payload and Towing Capacity

i thought that payload was basically rear axle vertical loading and that GVWR is total vertical load front/rear combined? so say you've got 400 pounds of people/gear in the cab, you should subtract that from the payload rating?
  11. JeffreyDeal197

tongue weight -(minus) payload gross capacity = total useable payload, at least in theory. let's say 1000 lbs payload max and 150 lb tongue max means you could have 850 in the back, 150 on the tongue, and full capacity say 3,000 lbs towing on the trailer. however the main variable at that...
  12. JeffreyDeal197

Bike numbers

or you can just ride around in public with numbers on your bike.....that way you don't look like every other guy on a me too bike.
  13. JeffreyDeal197

no problem, i was wondering the same thing before i did it as well. strap her down and she's good to go.
  14. JeffreyDeal197

get the dakota, you'll be glad you did! i love mine. 4.7 2wd quad cab.
  15. JeffreyDeal197

John Allen

congratulations, looking forward to riding with you in the future.
  16. JeffreyDeal197

Petit Rider joingthe Big Boy's world

when shopping for used sportbikes (especially ones highly prone to high rpm abuse like an R6) you need to make sure 2nd gear isn't bad. run the bike to the redline in 2nd gear, if 2nd gear is bad you'll know it :) this time of year there's plenty of trackbikes being sold for cheap, just keep an...
  17. JeffreyDeal197

no clutch - upshifts or flat shift ?

edit: i'm using GP shift style, i personally believe it makes everything more natural but YMMV. i rev match every gear while downshifting, it's just a natural habit now. then again, i always use the clutch for upshifting. every once in a while i'll just unload the tranny and go 3-4, 4-5, and...
  18. JeffreyDeal197

92 Ninja 250 Track Bike

i bet that thing is an absolute blast to dog the crap out of it! what's the best tires you can put on stock wheels for the 250?
  19. JeffreyDeal197

Any Roebling dates in the works for 2010????

yeah can you imagine how shocked they were that me and another guy rode our bikes to the track? it was lunch time and we were going to leave and the old lady in the golf cart like to have had a fit that we didn't push the bikes from the paddock to the gates. regardless i'm anxiously awaiting...
  20. JeffreyDeal197

Pit Tools

you and me both! that and some JB Weld here and there >_> i wouldn't have got out on track my first time either without the help of our fellow members. my ignorance left me with a clutch lever that didn't pass tech. 2 minutes later i found a guy (robfromga) that helped me out. well that was...