Search results

1. S

Another Body Position Thread

To follow up RedRdr's thread below without thread-jacking it... Can anyone explain the advantage of getting off and low to "kiss the mirror" vs getting off and sitting more upright? I tend to get myself low as a reflex but then I found this pic which indicates staying upright gets your...
  2. S

Another Putnam SED question

How much extra extra gas should one bring? Twice as much as normal, three times? that looks like a lot of track time.
  3. S

Swiching to radial MC - lever softness

I recently put a late model gixxer600 radial MC on my SV650 using the stock SV calipers. I love the feel but if I squeeze the lever hard I can make it almost touch the handle bar. Though a lite squeeze will stop the bike I'm concerned that: a) might not pass tech b) the bore is too small to...
  4. S

stick on numbers

So... lowes and office depot don't have stick on numbers higher than 3" Where does everyone get their numbering decals?
  5. S

Returning to Nesba

After a 3 year hiatus from riding motorcycles I'm getting back into it. Hope to be at Putnam next weekend. I can't find my membership card anymore, will a printed screenshot of my member info page work until I can get a new card?
  6. S

Does putnam allow dogs?

I can't find any mention of it. Thanks!
  7. S

Another tech Q - chains this time

I saw no mention of chains in the rider manual. Are clip style master links allowed? I don't see why not but they are a bit rare these days. Thanks
  8. S

Q on passing tech - coolant hose

Is it ok if I have a PVC splice in a section of radiator hose that mounts a temp sensor? Is it ok to use a section of that reinforced vinyl hose (like in hardware stores) for coolant as a visual check that there is no glycol in the system? Thanks!