Search results

1. trailmug

Bazzaz AFM and QS4 USB

If I decide to give QS another go, I'll get the all-in-one doodad. :) Bump for price drop on the QS!
  2. trailmug

Bazzaz AFM and QS4 USB

AFM is sold!
  3. trailmug

Bazzaz AFM and QS4 USB

***SOLD*** I'm offering up for sale a used (one season) Bazzaz AFM Auto-Tune module for Bazzaz Z-Fi units. This thing's pretty slick.. you can set a desired AFR on the RPM X TPS graph, and it will adjust the fuel map accordingly. I got my bike mapped out and feeling pretty good last year and am...
  4. trailmug

MW Schedule

:agree:
  5. trailmug

New Bodywork

Hey man I remember Greg my first day in B group. I saw this dude ride up with a loud ass SV with what might have been zip tied bodywork, a nice rear shock, and nice tires. I thought "this guy knows what's up." Rightly changed my impression of what's important. :)
  6. trailmug

WTB: Z-Fi and Race Bodywork for 08+ R6

I don't particularly need the TC or QS, but will consider it if the price is right. Will also take a Z-AFM if someone needs to get rid of one. I've been trying to get into some Optimal Racing bodywork (becuase I haven't quite talked myself into dropping $600) but they're on extended backorder...
  7. trailmug

2nd annual Nesbian's on Karts..

Thanks for trying to organize this, Jeff.
  8. trailmug

2nd annual Nesbian's on Karts..

Scott and I are in if there is room!
  9. trailmug

Guys familiar with illinois roads..

Scott, I believe that was Hwy 2. But yes, the short toll stretch of 39/90 is reasonably cheap, even with a trailer.
  10. trailmug

Ever crashed? I have two questions...

Coming from the street had me more comfortable doing lefts because there was no fear of crossing the center if something happened.. I guess I preferred armco to cars, which seems reasonable. I learned to ride the track at Putnam Park, which fixed that in a hurry. No crashes, though now I'm...
  11. trailmug

Why did I low-side?

VLC Media Player, press minus (-) a few times during playback to slow. = resumes normal speed, space pauses.
  12. trailmug

Why did I low-side?

As bodell said, your usual crash is from one tire losing traction before the other. Using a matched set seems like a good way to help prevent this. :)
  13. trailmug

Oct 2 @ Putnam, anyone going?

The bike does look remarkably on-course..
  14. trailmug

Tire Question from 1st-Year Trackday Rider

+1 on the pressures. 30PSI cold would not at all be a low number for the track.
  15. trailmug

It makes me happy to see someone say this. Tires heat up from flexing. You flex tires on a motorcycle by accelerating and braking. Swerving doesn't work like it might in a car. Don't swerve. Of course, don't get ass-packed because someone didn't expect you to check up on the way to pit-out...
  16. trailmug

I would always prefer new rubber for a TD. I rode Rosso Corsa's into A group, and I'm comfortable you could get there on any of the tires you mentioned. A lot about tire brand preference is a head game. :) Mine were indeed slick until you touched each part of the tire the first time. The first...
  17. trailmug

A thief in your midst...

It does seem reasonable to add that I'm still patiently waiting for my CD from Redline since 7/5, with several emails exchanged since then..
  18. trailmug

My progress so far w/ pics.

Stuff.. hehe. :) Congrats!
  19. trailmug

How long did it take?

16 days in :b:, 13 in :i:. Going out in front and thinking "I'm gonna show em I'm ready" never resulted in anything.. Both bumps were from just screwing around with a CR wondering when the fast guys would come by. To the "stalled' rider, as stated, ride your ride, and just when you get...
  20. trailmug

Sick of watching riders get hurt due to unsafe race tracks

My final suggestion would be that if you ride a track, you don't think it's unreasonably unsafe.