Search results

1. KBacon

Q2s for sale

send me some pics & price shipped to 46140??? k_bacon@comcast.net
  2. KBacon

brake pads ?

I was searching for a good street/track pad and after much research.. I went to the RJLs on the recommendation of just about everybody!!! And I absolutely love them so far!!! I was coming off EBC HH pads... and they were 'pretty good'... but the RJLs are just awesome. Great initial bite.. and...
  3. KBacon

nnnj

Sup Munch???
  4. KBacon

which brake pads to get?

I've been using EBC HHs for the last couple of years... and they worked ok.. but wanted something "better"... and after all my research & majority of the people suggesting Vesrah RJLs... I'd ordered a set of RJLs for the street/track bike... but it's been a few weeks and the vendor is still...
  5. KBacon

New Transfer Rules

I'm pretty sure that it's punishment... Or deterrent if you will??? I'm sure that there were people out there abusing the system... So this is what they felt they needed to do... Just like over on the WERA classifieds... People were abusing the privilege... And now everyone is paying for...
  6. KBacon

r6 exhaust

I've also read that you can install a header from a '03-05 r6 & an aftermarket slip on
  7. KBacon

2CT's or Q2's or ???

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=282261
  8. KBacon

Shipping body work ......

I bought a set of OEM body work off a guy... and he packed the sides/tail into a 42" Panasonic plasma TV box... and the nose in a separate smaller box.. total cost was like $65 from NY to Indy by UPS... You have to stay under the oversize limit.. or prices escalate exponentially!!!
  9. KBacon

Dunlop Qualifer Q2s, 120/180

If someone wants the rear.. I'd take the front!!!
  10. KBacon

No Putnam??? No SED's???

If you could get some Mon/Tues dates.. that would be awesome!!! But I believe all the weekends have been booked??? Unless NESBA is gonna partner w/ someone that's already booked the weekends???
  11. KBacon

Thoughts on riding the twisties - or the street in general

I still ride on the street w/ the occasional venture to the track as $$$ & schedule allows. If all I did was track ride.. then I wouldn't get to ride much at all. I work weekends & guess when most track days are??? I've only been riding since '08 and I've had two offs on the street... the...
  12. KBacon

broken drill bits

You are correct... But my drill bit adventures were on turbo dsms (eagle talon tsi)... Where the turbo bolts would back out... And you'd torque them back down... Then when you went to remove them... They would snap off... Would try to drill out & remove w/ an ez out... Only to have it...
  13. KBacon

broken drill bits

Yeah.. it's a coating.. and once you burn/wear through it.. it's just a regular steel bit. Cobalt are actually harder than steel... and can drill through softer drill bits/ez outs.. But they are more brittle..
  14. KBacon

broken drill bits

Get a harder bit & drill through it... IE cobalt, carbide, or the like... Drill bits don't like to drill through other drill bits (or ez outs)
  15. KBacon

Gloves... watcha got???

http://www.ducatipilot.com/showthread.php?t=103 Now I believe that gear can only go so far in protecting you.. you can read stories of just about any glove "failing"... but some are obviously built better than others...
  16. KBacon

Brake pads

My EBC HH pads will need to be replaced this year... thinking about replacing them w/ the RJLs. The bike sees mostly street duty.. w/ as many track days as I can squeeze in. Already have SS lines w/ Motul RBF600 & '06 R6 MC installed... Any suggestions???
  17. KBacon

No Putnam??? No SED's???

Yep!!! Just joined STT... Gonna hit Barber & Putnam w/ them . Doesn't look like I'll be renewing my NESBA membership this year... NESBA didnt schedule any dates for Putnam... So I am forced to spend my $$$ w/ the other orgs this year. I'm definitely disappointed that this topic hasn't even...
  18. KBacon

2011 Schedule

I'm not sure if someone out bid NESBA... of if they just got there too late??? Unfortunately I'm not in a position to travel to neighboring tracks on a regular basis, due to my work schedule... So if NESBA isn't running at Putnam.. I guess I'll have to ride w/ one of the groups that is...
  19. KBacon

Wth

And to think... we thought dragging knees was fun...
  20. KBacon

2CT's or Q2's or ???

Cheapest place I found for Q2s currently is www.compacc.com $209.99 shipped for 180/120 and $219.99 for 2CTs... www.sportbiketrackgear.com has the same price on the Q2s... http://www.compacc.com/p/Dunlop-Sportmax-Q2-Motorcycle-Tires-Z-Rated-Package-Specials You might call the Tday store and...