Search results

1. FaceRace98

2008 R6 Race Street

**edit
  2. FaceRace98

Evaluating your riding

When I started out I would always try to brake as late as possible, and i would go decently quick (upper I group)... The problem is I was scaring myself enough thinking I was approaching the turn too quickly and slow down too much, killing my entry speed. I was stuck for a while thinking of ways...
  3. FaceRace98

some air bubbles everytime I bleed?

You could take a blob of greese and spread it around the threads of the nipple before u bleed them, Should create enough of a seal to keep air from seeping through the threads as you bleed. For your own piece of mind...If you do it once and no air bubbles are visible then you know for sure air...
  4. FaceRace98

Braking zone technique

Practice is the key for being able to execute the blip. I learned on my streetbike by practicing on almost every downshift. At first I looked like a 16 year-old kid driving his dads pickup truck jerking back and forth. After a while however it becomes like second nature. blipping makes...
  5. FaceRace98

Braking zone technique

Do you blip the throttle on downshifts?
  6. FaceRace98

Indoor Supermoto--Allsports in Dulles, VA.. come on out!

So I just mounted my shinko 244s, Any suggestions on scrubbing in tires with ice and snow all over the road?
  7. FaceRace98

Endurance racing (5hr)

It was a ton of fun. A lot different from sprint racing in that you are working together with your friends as a team. I was totally nervous going into it though. I had only done 2 race weekends prior, the 25 minute GTUs were the longest races completed and I would be totally dead by the end...
  8. FaceRace98

Trackday Bike or Stock

Based on some of you responses, I would also recommend reading and learning as much as possible about the sport over the winter. THis is a great book on riding techniques that I read when I started. http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-Techniques-Develop-Confidence/dp/1893618072#_ It helped me...
  9. FaceRace98

Indoor Supermoto--Allsports in Dulles, VA.. come on out!

Nice Ride man... 150r's are ridiculous I think it may out accelerate my r6 from 0-20mph...lol. Makes me wonder what riding a 450 is like :wow: This place is 5 mins from my house so Im in with my 150f. What tires are most guys running on stock wheels?
  10. FaceRace98

Need some input on checking out a possible track bike.....

I would agree with this. It can get very expensive if you want to put all the goodies on it, but to just have a bike to do the occasional TD on it is really not all that expensive. Buying any used bike is risky. Most of the trackbikes you would buy probably started off looking like this bike...
  11. FaceRace98

Endurance racing (5hr)

I did the WERA 6hr at Summit point last year and had a blast. The atmosphere was awsome, prbably the most fun I had at a race weekend this year. We used 2 sets of Michelin Power Ones (medim front/hard rear) with a change 1/2 way through. You can do it on one set of tires but really you will...
  12. FaceRace98

Trail Braking...Should I be Doing it?

My worst fear when downshitting is that the rear end may break loose :D
  13. FaceRace98

This is one of the main things I took away from racing this year. In the beginning, I would get left behind coming out of slower corners. I concentred on getting the throttle to the stop as quickly as possible and began to be able to stay closer but was still being gapped.... I'm thinking I'm...
  14. FaceRace98

This year I would watch the fast experts and wonder how the hell they are goiing 4-5 seconds faster than I am. There were a few AMA guys at NJMP one of the days I was up there. Riding with them, they would pass me on the brakes (like I was standing still), I could hang for a moment through the...
  15. FaceRace98

Photo Caption Contest

"my father used to think it was fun to bring my mother to the forest and look for big-foot as she sat and got wasted at the camp site....After i was born he took up fishing"
  16. FaceRace98

Listening to music while riding on the track

Listening to music is pointless on the track. Ever try to listen to music and watch TV at the same time. Your focus will be on one or the other but its hard to follow both @ the same time. If you had music in your ear while riding t would be playing in the backround but when you came off track...
  17. FaceRace98

Do I need new tires

If you put them on when they were new then you will notice a drop in grip level even though the tires still have lots of tread left. This has been my experience anyway. I used to run a lot of take-offs so I was used to the level of grip they offered. This season I started racing and would put a...
  18. FaceRace98

GP Riding Style

I used to think they did it to re-position their foot for the upcoming turn. I'm starting to think now that they are using the leg as sort of a counter weight to lessen the g-forces on the upper body under heavy braking.
  19. FaceRace98

MotoGp

I know this thread went off-topic a long time ago but i disagree that Rossi was over the line and lorenzo was not. Watch the sequence at 1:15 carefully. I'd be curious who you guys think is responsible for the contact that occurs. I Think its mostly on Lorenzo for shoving it up the inside and...
  20. FaceRace98

Tankslapper

from the video it sounds like you kept on the gas all the way into the grass before letting off. Probably what saved you, I've heard that if you get into a tankslaper the best thing to do is to keep on the throttle because if you chop it the weight will go to the front wheel and spit you off...